1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Gap tween the frame and wheel well

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jmann, Jan 4, 2009.

  1. jmann

    jmann Junior Member
    Messages: 2

    Long story short, has anyone heard of a product that covers the open space in the front wheel wells where all the slush/crap ends up on my headers? :angry:

    00' Chevy 2500
    Boss 8-0 super duty straight blade
  2. Rc2505

    Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,245

    You can make one easily enough. Just take some stainless steel, or sheet metal and fill in the gaps. If you use sheet metal, make sure it is prepped and painted, or undercoated on both sides. I would probably use self tapping screws, or weld it in place.
  3. B&B

    B&B PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 12,777

    Their called "Gap Guards". Most any truck accessory outlet will have access to them. Their actually designed to be used on a truck with a body lift but they work well on one without as well.
  4. RichG53

    RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,135

    Ant Pics on what they look like or Web page to go to ??????
  5. B&B

    B&B PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 12,777

  6. RichG53

    RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,135

    Thanks !!!!!
  7. wirenut

    wirenut Senior Member
    from nh
    Messages: 529

    i used sheet rubber tie wrapped to the inner fender and frame on my 78