Fuso dutronic

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Hill town, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Hill town

Hill town Member

Has anyone used one for plowing? Will the transmission hold up to the abuse? Truck I'm looking at is a 2013 fuso fg.

2. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

No one using one of these?

3. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

It's the new dual clutch transmission that they use.

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Get a hino

5. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

Not 4x4

6. Triple L

from Canada

Mitsubishi 4x4 is only a 14k truck may as well buy a pickup over that stupid thing

7. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

Pickups don't turn sharp. Too wide if dual wheels almost impossible to find a regular cab diesel. No other cabover is 4x4. But thanks for providing no useful info.

8. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

My part time guy works at a IH, Mitsu dealer. Per him they seem to have more problems with the engines and the emmisions.

9. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Banned

M1078 2.5ton ex military truck is a cabover with 4x4 and CTIS...

10. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have a specific plow in mind for that truck? If so, you may want to confirm availability of the pieces to see if they are even available. BOSS has no listing for the '13 FG and Fisher has this helpful comment:

"Fuso not permitting new snowplow installs on FG models after 2/17/17. Fuso not permitting new snowplow installs on FG models after 2/17/17."

dieselss likes this.
  11. Triple L

from Canada

Too wide if drw? The Mitsubishi is the same width as a drw pickup, I too have heard terrible stories on emissions with those trucks hence why I said Hino as they are great trucks... If you think finding a Reg cab dually is hard try getting parts for a Mitsubishi

12. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

More problems than a ford Chevy dodge?

13. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

I'm looking used and any 350 or 3500 series truck is tough to find with a regular cab. Dual or single wheel. Mitsubishi usually have a 7 foot wide bed. Domestic is usually 8. That foot can make a big difference. Mitsubishi front wheels ride in the track of the outside dual. Domestic ride the inside so you are always running over snow. Too wide for my areas. Unless I can find an unmolested one ton single wheel diesel regular cab.

14. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

I have not heard anything bad on the trannies. The brakes can be a problem with seized siders. The frames like to rot, specially the rear cross members. I needed some parts for the right front fender step area. Took almost 8 months. There were a bunch of new ones at the port. Didn't meet emission standards. They were all cut up.

15. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

Brakes on the fg are drum so no sliders. Not too sure about parts availability. I assume car quest napa or online I can get most things reasonably quickly. As for the plow it already has a western mvp3 on it. And to the guy suggesting the military truck good luck getting that in Canada

dieselss likes this.
  16. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Banned

Okay, I thought you in America in Canada don’t you guys import Iveco or Man Trucks?

17. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

I am in Canada

18. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

Those type of trucks I think only go to Europe maybe South America and Africa

dieselss likes this.
  19. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Banned

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  20. OP
    OP
    Hill town

Hill town Member

Yes they very well could but probably not at my price point