1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

fuel tank selector

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by clark lawn, Jan 23, 2011.

  1. clark lawn

    clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio
    Messages: 1,233

    i have a 97 f350 with duel tanks, the front tank feeds the back tank, has for a while. now i am starting to have perfomance issues and found low fuel pressure and was told by a ford tech that is most likely the culprit. anyone know were this should be located? the truck is a dump so i can lift the bed, just want to know were to start to look.
  2. cotter

    cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio
    Messages: 182

    It should be on the inside of the frame rail on the driver's side (between the tanks if I remember correctly). Follow a fuel line from the tank and you'll find it.

  3. Dustball

    Dustball Senior Member
    Messages: 274

    You have a bad check valve in your rear tank pump. There are no switching/selector valves in that year- just the pumps are electrically switched and the check valves prevent one pump from pumping gas into the other tank. Replace the pump and you'll be good.

    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011