1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Fuel Tank Cross over

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jimbo I, Apr 17, 2001.

  1. Jimbo I

    Jimbo I Junior Member
    Messages: 1

    I have a 78 1/2 ton chev pickup with dual tanks. As many of you know gas pump hoses are not long enough to reach both tanks. Has any one plumbed a crossover pipe so that you could fill both tanks from one side? I think there is enough room to fit the pipes between the bed and frame. If I could fill both tanks from either side I would be thrilled! I'm just looking for ideas before I start running pipe!

    Jimbo I
  2. skyphoto

    skyphoto Member
    Messages: 32


    Have you looked in the JC whitney catalog? I think I have seen a kit to do just what you are wanting to do and you would have the filler tube under the wheel well but I cannot remember where i saw that kit at ???? I will look at my jc book and let you know......If all else fails I bet you could rig a hose and tube yourself with a filler neck from another truck mounted to the inner fender well. Maybe someone else has done it already and can give you more help than me!!