Front Suspension Modifications

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BIGGB9, Nov 24, 2019.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Hey Folks,

I have some general questions about front suspension modification for my ram 2500. I have heard a lot of pros and cons just wanted everyone thoughts on what they are using as in Timbren Kits, Leveling Kits, lift kits, airbags, etc. I was going to go with a leveling kit until I heard I would need an adjustable track bar because leveling kits shift the axle. So Im just wondering what is the option would be.

2. Plowin Dodge

Plowin Dodge Member

I used a superlift level kit on my 17 2500 with a 6.4, and it has been fine. the only thing you need the track bar adjustable is for more than 3 inches of lift. I did mine when it was brand new and have 43k on it now

Drock78 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Are you running larger tires as well, and did you notice and height issues with the plow mount after installing the leveling kit?

4. Drock78

Drock78 Senior Member

I'm running leveling kit on my 16 with 35" tires. No track bar needed. Have a BOSS plow with mount in lowest holes.

5. OP
    OP
    BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

No rubbing with the 35's with the plow on or off. What width are they ?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  6. Thrifty Garage

Thrifty Garage Member
    from SW MO

I'm not sure about Dodge. But the Timbren SES on my Chevy front suspension made a night and day difference. The 12 year old stock units were shot! plow susp.jpg

7. Drock78

Drock78 Senior Member

They are 295/65/20 Toyo AT2. No rubbing.