Front mounted snow blower/ mower

m_ice

PlowSite Veteran
Looking for input on a kubota or deere front mount blower and mower with a cab.
We have a lot of 6' wide commercial sidewalks with an HOA that has 30 drives about 2 miles from the sidewalks. We would trailer it during the storm which isn't a big deal. What can we expect for productivity of a blower like this?

Something similar to this with a blower...
186396550_3976625292375368_165021778386764246_n.jpg

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
2"-4" of snow can do 5-8 mph, maybe more
My tractors only do 8 mph.
The terrain cuts I think can do 15-18 mph
Not sure at what speed the blower won't keep up.

OP
M

m_ice

PlowSite Veteran
I ask because the drives would be done after the streets so there would be plow spill over at the end of the drives 6-12"

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
I ask because the drives would be done after the streets so there would be plow spill over at the end of the drives 6-12"
The plow ridges are no problem, you can run the blower in a raised position to take the tops off. You will hear when the U joints aren't happy with the angle. Best to do them in/out, not across, unless double.
The curb tends to break shear pins as it hits in the center before the edge.

That will work well for you if you can get the timing down so you're behind the plow.

MIDTOWNPC

PlowSite Fanatic
I tried one of those Deere’s and found I had trouble getting over the curbs in spots
Have you thought about a small tractor and then a zero turn for the grass.

OP
M

m_ice

PlowSite Veteran
I tried one of those Deere’s and found I had trouble getting over the curbs in spots
Have you thought about a small tractor and then a zero turn for the grass.
We have many zero turns for grass now however we have about 15 acres we cut every 2 weeks that is hard on the zero turns...just thinking dual purpose with the blower and mower

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
What size mower are you thinking?

I bought a used Groundsmaster 328-D last year. Guardian (mulching) deck and broom. Using the mower for fields that the customer doesn't want to look like fields. (don't ask)

Broom is a backup to our 3046 at one of the horsepistols. Or if we need it somewhere else.

I mowed my field last week with it...miss the good ole days of sitting on one of those. Life was simpler back.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
What size mower are you thinking?

I bought a used Groundsmaster 328-D last year. Guardian (mulching) deck and broom. Using the mower for fields that the customer doesn't want to look like fields. (don't ask)

Broom is a backup to our 3046 at one of the horsepistols. Or if we need it somewhere else.

I mowed my field last week with it...miss the good ole days of sitting on one of those. Life was simpler back.
The county uses groundmasters (I believe 7200 series) with tracks in the parks. Very impressive. Many of their walks are along city streets and the blowers cut right through the snow the municipal plows dump on them.
I was looking at a used groundmaster a couple years ago. Another contractor I know said tracks are almost a must. I guess the traction isn't so good without them.

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
The county uses groundmasters (I believe 7200 series) with tracks in the parks. Very impressive. Many of their walks are along city streets and the blowers cut right through the snow the municipal plows dump on them.
I was looking at a used groundmaster a couple years ago. Another contractor I know said tracks are almost a must. I guess the traction isn't so good without them.

Spendy, but very cool.

Shaft drive deck is amazing.

These are impressive as well:

Make mowing pretty much idiot proof with the 4WD and 4WS.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
Spendy, but very cool.

Shaft drive deck is amazing.

These are impressive as well:

Make mowing pretty much idiot proof with the 4WD and 4WS.

Spendy, but its easier when you're spending tax money.

Top Forums