Free samples?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Boomer123, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Any free samples this year?
    In past years you offered small free sample cans shipped.

2. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

I'm curious. If you got free samples already why would you want more? Didn't you try it already ?

3. OP
    OP
    Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Yes and if they are offering free samples I'll take more.
    When costco or sams club is giving out free samples of bacon do you take one or say i've had bacon before.

Avalanche 2500 likes this.
  4. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

^ FF works great, although I like bacon too!! Free > Heading to Sams Club. / due they have free :drinkup:samples ??

5. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

Well to be honest.. I go to Costco often and sometimes I do take a sample of something that I really would like more of. But I would to too embarrassed to look like a cheap freeloading mooch to grovel for more free stuff. So I generally take a look at the product and the price, and if I like it I buy it. Sometimes I even open the bag and eat it while I'm walking around, and then scan the half empty bag. You may not be aware of this, but there is a concept at work here. The supplier gives you a free sample in the hopes that you will like the product and BUY more of it. I think that you are confused into thinking the sample programs are to give you an ongoing free supply of product. And you may be even more astounded to learn that the suppliers have to pay for the samples. They are not free to them. I think it all comes down to something called integrity.

6. Bighammer

Bighammer Senior Member

Hooked me with "Free Samples" as the the thread title. o_O

I've heard of it, but never tried it. Somehow I missed out on the free samples. :(

Does it dry hard or does it stay wet?

7. TwiceStroked

TwiceStroked Member

When did Fluid Film start making Bacon?
    Is it Applewood smoked?

iceyman and Bighammer like this.
  8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

My father used to hock his wares at trade shows. Everyone had free samples but him. He charged a dollar for his .When people scoffed at him he said. "When you open your goody bag up tonight and throw all those other samples in the junk drawer, you are gonna pay extra attention to the one you had to pay for;
    Or you were to cheap to spend a dollar so my costly samples aren't part of your junk drawer and I save the $3 it cost me to give you one. If you like the product you'll pay for it."

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I like that thinking, but not sure it would work. Did it?

10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

He made a good living, died at 60.
    His main product was sold to factories Toyota, Honda etc, and I think he wanted it to do better hence the show circuit for the public. It was before the internet, shark tank etc. I do remember black limos in the driveway with guys offering to buy the NA rights. In the end he sold his business to his best friend. Money still supports my mom at 87.

11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Cool. Sounds like it did.