Snow Plowing Forum banner

Forum

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  nben 
#1 ·
I think this forum is great, but I am looking for a forum that discusses Skid Steer attachments and other uses for Skid Steers in more detal. If anyone can PM me with a recommendation I would appreciate it.

#4 ·
They really arent about snow removal, but I am still thinking of purchasing a skid steer, but don't know much about them. What are the advantages of the all wheel steer. I know they can be put in all wheel mode and standard skid mode, but why would you want to go from one to another? Who makes good attachments like augers and stump grinders? I am sure I will have more questions.

#5 ·
Also, do a search. Some of these questions have been talked about here already, and there may be good info in those threads. Also, check out and search the same forum at Lawnsite, as there are many other non Plowsite members, so there would be even more opinions to choose from.

#6 ·
I haven't used an all wheel steer model yet, but here is my opinion.

I have grown up around Bobcats. Always had one to play with. In the landscape industry, some jobs require a little finesse on tender areas. Someone hire you to plant a tree in their backyard, you have be careful not to damage the existing grass. Usually it's not a big deal, a little jigging and jagging and you can get it done. With the all wheel steer, you probably wouldn't have to be as careful. However, we also have a Kubota L35. Even with that tractor in 2WD it will still do some turf damage if you aren't careful.

If you are working on pavement with a skidsteer you also have to be careful. Turning hard is going to leave skid marks, not something many of our customers want on their new asphalt or even worse, a new paver drive or walk. Also, tire wear is also a problem when working on asphalt a lot.

We are currently talking about replacing our bobcat with a newer model. If we did not have the Kubota, we probably would be looking at an all wheel steer model. Because we have the 4 wheel tractor, and want a vertical lift machine, we probably will go with a standard skid model. :D

#8 ·
For us, the most profitable attachment is the pick-up sweeper. Aside from a regular bucket, this gets the most money-making jobs for us. Probably the most versatile attachment is the 4 in 1 bucket. Next would be pallet forks. It really depends on the season because we use it on most Landscape construction jobs too, but the machine runs almost non-stop in the spring for about a month sweeping lots.

I guess profitability would depend on your target market and what your current/projected needs are. Our skidsteer is probably our most versatile piece of equipment because it gets used year round in almost all of our operations whether it is loading vee boxes, bark mulch, moving snow, sod, granite slabs, larger trees etc. Definitely has its limitations but sure wouldn't want to be without it.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.