• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Ford tranny

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
One of my Foreman has a personal F150 eco boost with the smaller 10 speed, he pulls a 32’ camper with it now and then, says he can’t believe how well it does, it’s always in its torque range he feels. ( seems like way to much trailer for that little truck when I look at it, but that’s just me). Same Foreman has the new 7.3 gasser with 10 speed in his work truck, consistently pulls 10K or more all summer ( only one season on it so far). He says the same thing, pulls like a tractor up all the hills, never hunting for the right gear, shifts smoothly under load. So, that’s sorta 2nd hand info but we talk daily and I see all maintenance on his rig.

magnatrac

PlowSite.com Addict
My wife has a f-150 with the 10 speed and a 5.0 . The trans is great , super smooth between shifts. The 5.0 however sadly likes oil.....

I'm seriously considering getting a new f-350 after this season and the trans has me interested. If the one in the super duty's works like the f150 it should be great. I'd like to hear more reviews about it as well!

magnatrac

PlowSite.com Addict
Just ordered my 10 speed today! I test drove two identical trucks (f-350) one with the 7.3 and one with the 6.2. They both had 3.73 gears ,it was nice to see how the trans acted with both.

The 7.3 did have more power but not a huge difference. Once moving they both ran at the same rpms going 50 , 70 ,80 mph. I ran the same route with both. The trans skips gears and is really smooth. First gear is a really short gear and the final overdrive is higher than my current 6 speed. At 70 mph the 10 speed lets the truck run a couple/few hundred rpms less than the 6.2 6 speed combo in my 2017 350.