Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
2000 f450 flashing today !

I just noticed my 2000 f450 PSD 4x4 OD off light started flashing but only when its in park and or stopped , Having no trouble with a 5000lb load of salt plowing this morning but getting a little scared hearing all of your posts I only just hit 60K the only thing i noticed since the light started blinking yesterday is when idling the rpms fluctuated a little have any ideas ?:guns:

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Before you ever throw parts and money down the drain and get ready to rebuild the trans., does the fluid smell burnt??? Most tranny shops will rebuild your tranny whether it needs it or not. Usually just a sensor or bad fluid. In the case of the fords where they won't back up, that is usually a rolled or blown o-ring on the reverse piston.(torqshift) just a little input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
alright guys i got a 99 f250 super duty 7.3 just got tranny rebuilt and new torque conerter. my od light flashes 20-30 seconds after starting and will go in and out sometimes sometimes itll stay on until i hit over drive. in over drive the torqe converter will lock and unlock. im lost ive made sure tranny guy replaced shift pack went thru wires plugs tried speed sensor tried different pcm i cannot figure it out. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
flashing od light means there is a problem with the trans. either electrical, or mechanical.
if you just had the trans rebuilt, take it beck to whoever did the work.
otherwise, have the trouble codes read to see what is wrong.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts