1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Ford’s AEB (automatic emergency breaking)

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by New Paradigm Construction, Mar 25, 2020.

1. New Paradigm Construction

New Paradigm Construction Junior Member

I’m looking to add a 2020 Ford 250 to my fleet, but concerned the AEB will be a PIA with plow attached. AEB is now standard on all Ford trucks, and only disabled via the dash menu. Once disabled, it will auto reset back to on when the truck is turn off, or if the drivers door is opened and shut. I’ve called my equipment dealer and they confirmed there is no up-fitter option to permanently disable.

I know it’s early in the model year, but has anyone researched this?

My equipment dealer tells me a lot of Ford buys are switching to GM and Ram due to Ford’s early adoption of what will be mandated safety features for all OEM’s. I assume Ford will address the issue for vocational truck owners, but my experience is that they won’t retro fit models due to liability issues.

2. seville009

seville009 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CNY

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Sounds like the Air-Bag discussion all over again.

4. OP
    OP
    New Paradigm Construction

New Paradigm Construction Junior Member

Great link, thanks. I’m inclined to agree with the guy that won’t use Forscan on a new truck. Ford has significant financial issues, I won’t want to give Ford an opportunity to decline warranty work. Looks like a GMC or Ram for me this time around. It’s surprising to see the level at which Chevy and Ford are losing market share; would not think it possible a few years ago.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I had it on my 2017, just said the sensor was blocked, hit okay on the steering wheel and went about my business

Sawboy and theplowmeister like this.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Sweeping?

Mopping?

1olddogtwo likes this.
  7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Wiping

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo