1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FNG from NY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by HFolb23, Aug 12, 2017.

1. HFolb23

HFolb23 Junior Member

Hello

New guy from Upstate NY here. I'm an amateur real estate investor and joining the forum to learn how to set up my truck to take care of my investment property and those that I purchase in the future.

I own a 2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4 with 6.7L Cummins. I bought the truck because I needed a larger tow rig and wanted to hang the plow on it so that I don't need to pay someone else to do it. I plan on helping out friends and family during larger storms as well but I don't ever see myself going out and advertising plowing for hire. For the sake of discussion let's leave that option open though.

My goal is to be able to plow all of my properties on my way into work and then plow them again on the way home from work. Most of my properties right now are only straight driveways with ample space to push snow. However the current home I live in has a narrow driveway that opens up to an L shaped parking area for four vehicles. This is common setup in the area that I purchase multi-family homes.

In the research I've done I'm thinking that the best set up for me would be a V-Plow. I came to that conclusion because the plow can be narrow and push snow to either side of the narrow drive before opening up for the wider spots as well as do a better job breaking up the snow that tenants will inevitably drive over.

I'm thinking just a simple back rack with the amber strobe mounted and adding flush mount pods in the rear bumper for lighting.

As for sidewalks I'm thinking of the using ramps for the snowblower in the bed. However I've thought about having a hitch carrier made and using that instead. Slightly worried about adding a few extra feet to the truck though.

Alright gents enough about me. I apologize if this is to much info for an intro post I'll be happy to start a new post if someone could point me in the right forum. I'd love to hear your input.

Thanks
    HF

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm 2000 Club Member

make sure you counter balance it

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to the site, let us know what you decide.