Fluid Film

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Avalanche 2500, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

Nice stuff!! Best in use before rust starts, otherwise sandpaper+ touchup paint then spray.
    I use year it round hot sun / winter. Low'es got it @ $10.00 A can Good luck! :drinkup::drinkup:

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer Banned
    from N,E. MN

Over priced for what it does.

Stinks

Washes off to easely.

Soap brakes it down to easely,

Yes I have tryed it a couple of times,
    Maybe at half the price, but even then.

A honest review by somone who has spent $100+ on the stuff.

3. Dirtebiker

Dirtebiker Senior Member

I appreciate that!^^^^
    I saw FF at Rural King, but thought at $10 for a 16(?) oz. spray can, it was quite pricey!

4. rick W

rick W Senior Member

We use LPS 3, it is equally pricey but have found it works really really well. If you undercoat stuff with it and and soak weld seams, bolts etc in a warm shop...let it sit and soak into the cracks, hinges etc...places salt water can sit, it really helps. Pricey but we buy the 1 gal can, warm it up...put it in a little sprayer bottle and goes a pretty long way. Way better than $10 or $15 dollar a can FF. Just our experience.

5. FIREMEDIC2572

FIREMEDIC2572 Member

We have using it for years and buy it by the gallon to spray with a HVLP gun. For us it works well and protects equipment well. Just sprayed the entire underside of my new truck today. I think it is cheap when I look at what the truck and plow cost me.

6. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

Just did my truck with LPS 3 this weekend and learned 2 valuable lessons, don't apply outdoors when it's 42 degrees and don't do it outside when it's windy :eek:. I like the fact it doesn't wash off and lasts 2-3 years.

7. itsymenchhofer

itsymenchhofer Junior Member

Yes ...some people give this good reviews but I disagree. It washes off easily and does not last long at all. Over-hyped big time. Seems good for some electrical connections but spraying plow or truck is waste of time

8. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Why is it bad doing it outside???

9. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

The product becomes very thick and difficult to spray at cooler temperatures. If it's warm and dead calm wind you will be ok but I also did on a breezy day :( Ended up having to clean windshield with solvent (along with my face and hands). Lesson learned.