1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid change

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Feb 21, 2008.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys I am getting ready to change the fluids in both my plows, and I can't get the drain plugs out of either of the plows. I've put a cheater bar on a wrench and still can't get either one to move wesport. Any suggestions?

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Have you tried just hosing the drain plugs down with PB blaster and letting it sit overnight?

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

no I haven't I can give it a try, kinda wired tho, my vee is brand new this season, and the other is a year and a half old. I wouldn't think they'd be stuck on yet, I mean they get washed after every use and kept inside year round.

4. harley9202

harley9202 Member

If PB blasts would work, wouldn't Fluid Film work even better??? It seems to work for everything... J.K.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've found some of the newer Boss's have liquid thread sealant on the drain plug threads, making the plugs really hard to remove.

Use just a little heat around the threads..just be careful you don't overdue it though.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Would a propane torch work? I don't have acetylene.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Propane will work...but again just be careful with the heat.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thats what I am afraid of.:realmad: