Fleet flex wiring and MM1 plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by radsrt8, Feb 16, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Yes there is power there.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Plugs hooked up, power at fuse, power at solenoid,.....got me.

3. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

I need to recheck the solenoid tomorrow. Where should I have power on the 4 posts?

4. dieselss

No, one big and one little.

5. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Does the controller trigger the other two?

6. dieselss

Controller sends ground to the other small terminal.
    The other small terminal should get power right from the batt cable power "in" small jumper wire

7. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

recheck all connections. Could be bad solenoid but more likely you don't have a ground connected or you hooked up red wire with green stripe to wrong side of the solenoid. Assume you have the fisher instructions downloaded to refer to...

8. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Rechecked everything. I now have power to the controller plug. Jumped #1 to #4 as the book says and the motor runs. I guess I'll go thru and do the controller test. Also I found this in the Fishstick instructions. Which one of these do I need to follow if any? Here are a few photos of solenoid, and the pages in the Fishstick book.

P4200224.jpg

P4200225.jpg

P4200226.jpg

P4200227.jpg

9. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

Is Fischer fleet flex wiring another phrase for wire harness?

10. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

I believe the flex fleet is the new 2 plug ststem I removed all that. Because of the older plow.

11. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Well I'm happy and unhappy but after all types of testing and jumping its the controller. The plow seems to function, so all the wiring is correct. I guess I'll send the fishstick out for repair. I thank everyone for there help.

12. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

These guys rebuild them

BBA REMANUFACTURING INC
    300 MYLES STANDISH BLVD, STE 1
    TAUNTON, MA 02780-7364
    (508) 822-4490
    www.bba-reman.com

13. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

It is the 2 plug system plus you can hook up any plow fisher makes straight,v,or the xls

14. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Not sure what exactly you've tested so far, but I'd try to borrow a controller first before you assume and pay for an unneeded repair and downtime if you are not sure. Plenty of people running Fisher/Western plows...

Did you follow the flow charts here starting on pg 33?
    http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdffiles/27179_070001.pdf

Not sure what this is referring to -> "Jumped #1 to #4 as the book says and the motor runs"
    Do you mean you jumped across the two large terminals on solenoid? If so you've proved the plow motor works and both side battery harnesses are good.

You said "plow seems to function" so will assume with jumpers you were able to activate the motor and solenoids via plow only wiring to make it move in all directions so plow is now KNOWN GOOD? If not, this really should be the first step so you can isolate it to just the truck having a problem.

If you want to quickly test if its your controller (after confirming plow is good) or another problem you can do this:

- Key off, connect plow, unplug controller in cab
    - hold truck side harness controller connector so double NOTCH ON BOTTOM
    - Bottom right hand pin is 12v pos
    - Top right hand pin is under hood solenoid trigger wire
    - Top center pin is for up (and left, but don't worry about that)

Strip 2 scrap pieces of wire and make little jumpers. Can also use paper clips in a jam.
    1) Use 1st wire to connect top center pin to bottom right hand pin
    2) turn on ign key for truck power. If quiet, you should hear click on back of pump.
    3) Put 2nd wire in top right hand pin, then to bottom right hand pin

The connection in #1 should move the pump solenoid so fluid can pass to the lift ram.
    The connection in #3 should trigger the under hood power solenoid, therefore giving power to turn the plow pump motor.
    Together they make lift ram go up, raising plow.

If that works as so, then it is your controller.
    If not, you have a truck side wiring problem that you need to diagnose with the charts.

HTH
    :drinkup:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  15. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Thanks for the write up, but that's what I did all the functions of the plow work. Can't get the controller to power up.

16. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

With 2and3 way jumpers I was able to lift lower and left and right thru the contrĂ´ller plug. The plow is not needed it's just a toy. Just another thing to play with. I thank yous for your help. This is a very helpful and friendly site. The controller will be back next week and I'll update.

17. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Well back at it. Controller back. It was older, now upgraded with backlight and float light. Still not working. I have power at the truck side control plug. In the Fishstik instruction manual it shows diagrams that have a wire from the solenoid to the (-) battery. I don't have that. It also shows modifying the ground wires for the SEPH system.

18. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

That ground is critical in your application(not that a ground isn't in others) but that is your missing link

19. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Well this manual pages 5,6,7 show the grounds. Which do I do or all that say for SEPH

20. OP
    OP
    radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Well after a few tries with the ground location. Added a ground wire to the solenoid, and the controller came on and the plow is working. I also have the no low beam on the pass side. What a pain.