Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 Chevy came with all the wiring and mount for a fleet flex system. I'd like to find a flat top V top put on it. How can I tell if the plow is fleet flex? I know the plows with the res cross bar for the headlights are but im not sure about models before then.

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
XV,XV2 /MVP3, MVP Plus are all fleet flex.

EZV(excluding a brand new 7.5), MVP are not.

Stainless is only fleet flex. Anything 3 plug is not fleet flex.

2 plug non-fleet flex is older than dirt and fairly uncommon at this point as it would be more than 20 years old.

So if its 2 plug and doesn't look like a total POS you are probably fine. But feel free to post a pic on here first to confirm

·
Registered
15,245 Posts
XV,XV2 /MVP3, MVP Plus are all fleet flex.

EZV(excluding a brand new 7.5), MVP are not.

Stainless is only fleet flex. Anything 3 plug is not fleet flex.

2 plug non-fleet flex is older than dirt and fairly uncommon at this point as it would be more than 20 years old.

So if its 2 plug and doesn't look like a total POS you are probably fine. But feel free to post a pic on here first to confirm
What he said.

Yes please post a few pics on what you are looking to buy. A lot of times guys think there are getting a deal, but in reality, no.

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
That is fleet flex - date code says 2015. Can't tell the condition 100% from the photos but doesn't seem bad for $2500. Ill bet come winter that plow would be for sale for $3500-4000

Edit: It'd be nice to see the cutting edge hidden in the grass but I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker unless the trip edge itself was destroyed

Also, I'm a bit curious on why the T Frame is sitting on the ground in those weeds and not propped up. Could just be sunk in to the ground but something to look at

·
Registered
15,245 Posts
That is fleet flex - date code says 2015. Can't tell the condition 100% from the photos but doesn't seem bad for $2500. Ill bet come winter that plow would be for sale for $3500-4000

Edit: It'd be nice to see the cutting edge hidden in the grass but I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker unless the trip edge itself was destroyed

Also, I'm a bit curious on why the T Frame is sitting on the ground in those weeds and not propped up. Could just be sunk in to the ground but something to look at
Looks like the left headlamp is missing the lens. It has a Unit # on it, might have been from a fleet of trucks, so a lot of wear. But the price is more than fare, if it works.

·
Registered
16,546 Posts
I would guess it was set there with a machine and did not want to bend anything. The legs are in the "up" position

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ad does state it needs a new head light and that the plow works and he can hook it up to a truck and show that it does. I have a set of the aftermarket buyers LED plow lights sitting here at home I could put on assuming they would work with the isolation module stuff.
Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive exterior Gadget Automotive design

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
The ad does state it needs a new head light and that the plow works and he can hook it up to a truck and show that it does. I have a set of the aftermarket buyers LED plow lights sitting here at home I could put on assuming they would work with the isolation module stuff. View attachment 251636
My guess is yes but I can't say I know for sure. The only ones that I've heard won't work with the isolation module are (ironically) the OEM DD led lights.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seller states it had a new cutting edge last year. Does need a little work to the right kick stand like it came undone while plowing. Been there done that myself.

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
Seller states it had a new cutting edge last year. Does need a little work to the right kick stand like it came undone while plowing. Been there done that myself.
Now is a crappy time to sell - I'd try to talk the guy down to $2k to cover the cost of the lights & kickstand but if he won't budge, $2500 is still a very fair price. Come October, you won't find any V for that price in any condition.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now is a crappy time to sell - I'd try to talk the guy down to $2k to cover the cost of the lights & kickstand but if he won't budge, $2500 is still a very fair price. Come October, you won't find any V for that price in any condition.
That's my thought as well. Most I'm seeing listed are $500 to $1000 more.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seeing as the seller doesn't want to get back to me on the one posted, I've found this one. How can I tell the date code or if this one will work?

Automotive tire Snow Vehicle Bumper Motor vehicle
Snow Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Slope

1 - 19 of 19 Posts