Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 GMC Sierra K1500 ecsb. I'm putting a plow on, strictly for doing my own driveway, not commercial use. I've had a Fisher in the past so I've been looking at them since I've had a positive experience, but a Meyer MD2 just popped up on my radar for a great price, wondering if anyone can help answer a couple questions.

- The plow is off the truck, but the owner has the truck with the mount and wiring available if I want it. Will the mount and wiring work on my 04? He has an 02. With Fisher the answer is no because the frame on the truck changed in 03 enough that their push plates wouldn't fit from an 02 on an 04, I assume the same situation exists with Meyer but figured its worth the ask.

- If I have to do the whole truck side from scratch, is it relatively easy to piece together what I'll need? The guy wants $200 for the plow and I can inspect it and see it operate before I take it, so I'm thinking I'll probably snag the plow regardless, unless the truck side is going to be really hard to piece together.

Thoughts or advice?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$200 for a plow. Truck side for "make me an offer" to spend the time taking it off the old truck.

The question is, will the bits off an 02 fit an 04?

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its coming off a 2002 Chevy Silverado k1500 and I'm putting it on a 2004 GMC Sierra K1500.

headed there now, thanks!

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like 17140 for both trucks, both are non-HD k1500s, good enough for me to go on, just told the guy I'll take it all. $500 for an MD2 7.5' plow, looks like the newer EZ mounting system with the angled bracket and the different colored pins, he'll pull the truck mounts, all the wiring and controller for me after I go check it out Wednesday and make sure it operated properly. Too good a deal to pass up in my opinion.

Any advice? Things to look for that might be trouble spots?

Reactions: lj martin
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.