Fisher XLS issue

Brian Young

PlowSite Veteran
A buddy has a 2013 XLS that he bought with a used dump truck a couple years ago and he is a Blizzard 8611 guy so he took it off and installed a Blizzard. Long story short the XLS has been sitting outside for 2 years and he wants to sell it, he wanted to make sure everything worked so we hooked up my brand new Western 8611 to it and nothing worked, just a flashing red light on my controller. Any ideas?

Western1

PlowSite Veteran
They connected the xls to a truck that has new wideout setup to test the xls. That’s my take. So they pretty much ruling out truckside problem

Philbilly2

PlowSite Fanatic
I'm lost. I saw Blizzard, XLS, and Western in there. You are trying to buy the XLS and connected your truck (that you have setup for a Western Wideout) to it? Am I following that right?

5R1DG6.gif

OP
Brian Young

Brian Young

PlowSite Veteran
The guy gave up on it, he wanted to take my module out of my truck and try it on his set up and said....um no so I guess he gave up on it. My guess with the fast red flashing light, the plow was locked into the security mode. Just to clarify he was selling this xls and the guy who was interested didn't want to buy the original wiring or modules (not sure he knew anything about these newer plows) so my buddy just said he'd keep it. The guy who wanted to buy it thought he could just wire in a simple toggle switch to make it work or something like that. Any ways, if anyone is close to NWPA area and needs a xls in really good shape he's asking 3k for it, complete set up with a Dodge truck mount.

Top Forums