Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8’ xblade on 3500 duramax, have everything disconnected except for main power to pump, when I jump the solenoid under the hood the plow turns right. Controller won’t turn on but has power, (head lights work when connected) I disconnected other two plugs, power and ground to solenoids 1,2,3 on plow pump, still turns right. ?

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
8' xblade on 3500 duramax, have everything disconnected except for main power to pump, when I jump the solenoid under the hood the plow turns right. Controller won't turn on but has power, (head lights work when connected) I disconnected other two plugs, power and ground to solenoids 1,2,3 on plow pump, still turns right. ?
It means that the S2 (middle) valve is stuck. You can try to remove it and clean it, but you'll probably have to replace it.

As for the controller, what do you mean it "has power" but won't "Turn on"?
If the backlight is coming on but the controller won't power on, then as @RepoMan207 said, the controller is bad.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It means that the S2 (middle) valve is stuck. You can try to remove it and clean it, but you'll probably have to replace it.

If the backlight is coming on but the controller won't power on, then as @RepoMan207 said, the controller is bad.
By

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ll try to be more accurate, flashes once when plugged in, dead otherwise with any combination of the three grill plugs plugged in or not. I’ll take apart the s2 tomorrow. Any recommendations on a replacement controller or source for one ? Had this 5 years

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
I'll try to be more accurate, flashes once when plugged in, dead otherwise with any combination of the three grill plugs plugged in or not. I'll take apart the s2 tomorrow. Any recommendations on a replacement controller or source for one ? Had this 5 years
I'd recommend the OEM controller despite the extra cost. Any thread with "S.A.M. controller" in the name can be answered with "bad controller" 4 out of 5 times and be right without reading anything further

· Registered
123 Posts
Fisher has a tester for the OEM controller, I haven't tried it on a buyers controller though, so I dont know of it works on it because of the diagnostic features in the buyers controller
I vaguely remember trying to test a buyers controller on a Fisher tester and I believe it did not work properly,I think it lit up all of the solenoid LED's even when no button was depressed but it was several years ago.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took the SAM controller to a Fisher dealer, it lit up all of the lights, bought a fishstick for $365 , no return policy, it worked. Alls well that ends wel but I don’t believe I’ve answered all my questions. If I wasn’t in a bind I could have bought the same controller online for $10

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glitchy phone/fingers, meant $265, I’d be curious to send my SAM controller to someone who can fix it or see what failed. By the by, I’ve never joined a chat group before and was happily surprised that I got a response and quickly as well, so thanks for advice

· Registered
123 Posts
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Font Gas Automotive exterior

As luck would have it a truck came in today with a buyers controller,it did indeed light up all of the lights on our old style tester however when a button was pressed the requested lights got brighter so I guess they can indeed be tested on the old testers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.