Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, I have a 2006 f350 powerstroke diesel and I currently have a straight blade 3 plug Fisher minute mount 1 with a 3 plug setup and 3 port isolation module. I'm looking at purchasing a minute mount 1 and wondering besides the fishtick will everything else plug and play or is anything else needed? I was really hoping it's that easy as I'm looking at keeping this blade as a backup until I get an additional truck to mount it to. all insight is welcomed thank you!

Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Wheel Automotive side marker light

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Fisher 26346 is the harness. Leave the other harness in the truck incase you want to go back to a straight blade.
The 26346 will work with a straight blade as well (with adapter # 21792)

He'll need parts bag 56496 also which includes the 14 pin socket which they don't include with the control harness for some bizarre reason.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great very informative to know it will also work for my straight blade as well. lastly do any of you happen to know a controller part number? or which controllers are compatible with an ezv and I thought I remembered hearing that an ezv controller could also function for my straight blade I could be mistaking information

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
great very informative to know it will also work for my straight blade as well. lastly do any of you happen to know a controller part number? or which controllers are compatible with an ezv and I thought I remembered hearing that an ezv controller could also function for my straight blade I could be mistaking information
Part # 9800

No, the EZV control will not work with a straight blade.

· Registered
998 Posts
dang, false hope I guess but not the end of the world. thank you all again! I will keep you all updated on how it turns out!
Grab your wallet because the controller and wiring harnesses alone will cost you over $700 new. Shop around.

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
I just started shopping and have not found much at all for the part numbers listed on ebay, about to check out Craigslist and go from there. any other suggestions on where to start?
They are obsolete pieces that haven't been used since about 2006 and the EZ-Vs weren't as popular as the newer Vs are now, so finding those pieces used is going to be tougher than finding straight blade pieces.

Despite the EZV controller's high cost new, I'd be wary of being it used as they have a higher failure rate than other controllers.

Oh, and if you click that big, capital "B" up above the box, over to the left, you can turn off that BOLD...

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are obsolete pieces that haven't been used since about 2006 and the EZ-Vs weren't as popular as the newer Vs are now, so finding those pieces used is going to be tougher than finding straight blade pieces.

Despite the EZV controller's high cost new, I'd be wary of being it used as they have a higher failure rate than other controllers.
Buying the controller new won't be an issue providing I can find one. what were the failures they experienced? and yes from scrolling through eBay, craigslist, uncle Henry's I have come to the scarce conclusion on the parts listed as well. any other places to call and or check? I tried purchasing the additional parts from seller of the plow however he is not interested in parting with anything other than the plow itself..

· Registered
998 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great! I did see the storks version of the controller but it is not plug and play however I do like the backlit function of it I'm just going to go with the Fisher for peace of mind at least. I'm hopefully able to pick the plow up this weekend, being a heating technician work has been hectic

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got it with the bold thanks! also probably better to ask since it was stated that around 2006 these plows were relatively obsolete are plow side parts still available throigh Fisher or just aftermarket companies? any compatibility with other models?

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Dont think there are any aftermarket harnesses. I agree with above if you buy used make sure it's not chopped up - many people cut the large bunch of wires at the firewall instead of pushing pins back out of the plug. Controllers just make sure you test before you buy.

· Registered
295 Posts
I have a storks controller on my EzV. I still have a working fisher controler but the insulation by the controler is all coming off so i decided to buy a new and use the fisher as a backup.

The wireing that needs to be done for the storks is very easy and only 1 wire. The storks say that you can use the non soft stop function but you cant. Dosnt work propertly with the EzV and i havr contacted them on this and how to fix the issue.

I have had this controler on my truck for about a year. I do like the backlit function and that it has a scoop/vee button with no modes to have to switch. It also showes a backlit red button when in float, thats noce too.
I like it and would buy it again and it saved me quite a bit of money.

· Registered
295 Posts
got it with the bold thanks! also probably better to ask since it was stated that around 2006 these plows were relatively obsolete are plow side parts still available throigh Fisher or just aftermarket companies? any compatibility with other models?
You shouldnt have trouble finding parts. Fisher used that pump on other plows. The center rubber thing kind of sucks so i made one out of a bias ply tire, i keep the original fisher for a pattern. My bias ply tire center rubber has been there a year. I plow some rough driveways...really rough.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.