1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SD plow....will it fit

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Buffalobob, May 3, 2017.

1. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Junior Member

i had a Fisher SD plow on a 2008 Ford F-150 & recently upgraded to a 2016 Ford F-250, I'm wondering if the plow will work (have correct stance) on the F-250. I know that a new mount & wiring is necessary, just trying to find out if anyone is using an SD on a 250

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

250....is it regular cab, extend, crew, short long bed.
    What are you plowing?

3. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

It would be a bit on the small side for a 3/4 ton, so it wouldn't be my first choice, but since you already have it, if you aren't looking to do major commercial plowing and don't beat too hard on it, it would be passable. Also, you'll probably be running over a little snow at full angle, but again, you don't necessarily have to dump the plow because of it.

Incidentally, all of the wiring (if you still have it) would fit the 2016 as both trucks are H13 headlights so you would only need pushplates.

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Junior Member

Regular cab, 8 driveways

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I would upgrade to a larger plow, you will not be happy with that blade on such a heavy duty truck.

6. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Junior Member

Would love to upgrade but I'm not taking a bath on the plow. I paid $5,000 2 seasons ago & the dealer only wants to give me $1,500 towards a used V that he's asked $5,200.

7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I sent you a message, might be interested

8. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

yes it will work/fit on ur 16 ur wiring and controller will ALSO work on ur 16 trk all ud need is the correct push plates I just PM'd you to look for it

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  9. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Straight blades don't have a high resale value compared to V's. As well as there is a lot of them out there for sale. I sold my 8'6 HD straight blade last year that was 5 years old, very little use with everything minus mounts for 2K.

10. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Sell the plow on here or Craigslist but you will probably get more for it if you wait till the fall