Fisher question

LB Landscaping

I am looking to buy a used fisher plow for my 88 GMC 1 ton so I can use it as a back up. Do I need to buy brand specific (GMC or Chevy) set up or can I buy whatever I find. I will be having it installed at my local fisher dealer.

GreginAlaska

I'm not totally positive, but I bet the part that bolts onto the truck is specific to it but the rest is the same.
BTW we use a 9'6" Fisher and my wife's business name is LC Landscaping :D

OP
L

LB Landscaping

Yeah I was pretty sure the push plates were specific but was wondering about the rest of the set up. Will the push plates on my truck fit any 7 1/2 or 8 ft fisher plow???

slplow

PlowSite.com Veteran
LB, some frames for the 7.5 are smaller. some 7.5s will fit the 8ft frame. Have a friend with the small frame on his 90 gmc 3/4 ton and bought a 8ft for it . The A frame on the 8ft was to wide . he had to stay with the 7.5.

P&J Lawncare

All my fisher plows (7.5 rd 7.5 ld 8.5 v-plow 8.5 hd) all fit on my ford so my push plates fit all my plows, as for controls you can run them all off the same control except the v-plow because it needs a different controller and different plug-in due to the extra modes for the v-plow.

CT18fireman

Banned
Are you talking about a Fisher Minute Mount or the old style conventional mount?

This needs to be clarified before you start talking compatibilty.

All RD Minute Mounts and V-plows will interchange at the push plat. LD plows are smaller at the plates.

I think (not sure) that there were 3 different A-frame to hitch pin mount sizes on conventional plows. I know my Toyota 7ft is 19" and I know of another 7ft with a 22 inch and I thought my old 8-9ft plows had an even bigger spread.

Verify what plow you are asking about.

Also lots of information can be found on the Fisher website.