Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ive run Fisher Poly Casters for a while now but last year was the first Ive run one on a pick up truck (F350) and a couple issues Im seeing on the one I run in my truck. First, Im getting a lot and I mean a lot of salt building up on my rear tail lights more so on the passenger side. Ive even put a piece of plastic mud flap on the sides of the spreader between the spinner area to the bottom of the spreader and that helped but its still caking salt on the lights and bumper, any other solutions? I usually run my spinner on 8 and feed on 4. Next issue is Im getting a lot of salt build up at the front of the hopper in the bed of the truck, maybe a 3 gallon bucket worth of salt every full load. My older Poly Caster has that much at the end of the season, any thoughts? The last issue is I keep getting (since new) is a CE code and now this season also a RS code. When these happen I just turn the spreader on or off and it seems fine. The dealer said it might be too much dielectric grease being used and I tend to pack it in the connections. TIA

1 - 1 of 1 Posts