Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I’ve got a 2016 F350 with 6.2. I have a fisher xv1 setup. I’d like to put a front receiver hitch on the truck for running a winch. Does anyone know if the plow mount is compatible to fitting a receiver hitch on the truck frame as well? Or will I have to fabricate the whole thing?
Thanks,
Nick.

· Registered
7,395 Posts
There is a company that makes toolboxes and such that fit in plow mounts.
Not sure what the name is, but it's out there.

Reactions: Mountain Bob

· Registered
7,395 Posts
Try this.

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They make front receiver hitches that mount quite easily. I just don’t know if it will work with the plow frame already there. I don’t want to run a winch off the plow frame. Forces are not the same.

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I did some more research. Looks like the eco hitch is the only one I’d use as it mounts higher and doesn’t require cutting air dam. From install pics of customers and etrailer I can figure out if it will conflict with plow frame. And it looks like it does. Probably going to be a custom job.

· Registered
2,184 Posts
I made one out of a trailer hitch set up that came off a dodge. I had a post on here with pics from years ago. I think the pics are gone as PS went thru. Pretty easy to do. Cut off the ears on the receiver assy and then fabricate plates for each end with appropriate holes drilled to match up with the mounting ears. Drill mounting ears to attach the hitch set up. This does not make the fisher MM1/MM2 ears weak. I have been using this set up for years. I have pulled out many vehicles that were stuck at the hokey boat launch in the sand without any problems.

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, so you bolted right to the fisher frame? You didn’t make up something to attach to the truck frame through the fisher frame?

· Registered
2,184 Posts
Oh, so you bolted right to the fisher frame? You didn’t make up something to attach to the truck frame through the fisher frame?
Yes. Correct.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys I’ve found a solution! Small landscape company that just started manufacturing the past few years. They’ve got a product that is designed to utilize your plow mount as an accessory platform. They’ve got all plow manufacturers covered, western, fisher, sno way, etc.

I spoke with the owner Rich last week and they've reduced their prices significantly from whats listed on their website! Tell them Christian from New Jersey told you about them! Im going to start selling their products at my Outdoor Power Equipment dealership!

Check ‘em out on Facebook for latest projects they're working on. JLM Outfront JLM Out-Front — Innovative Products for Your Trucks

· Premium Member
17,089 Posts
Hey Guys I’ve found a solution! Small landscape company that just started manufacturing the past few years. They’ve got a product that is designed to utilize your plow mount as an accessory platform. They’ve got all plow manufacturers covered, western, fisher, sno way, etc.

I spoke with the owner Rich last week and they've reduced their prices significantly from whats listed on their website! Tell them Christian from New Jersey told you about them! Im going to start selling their products at my Outdoor Power Equipment dealership!

Check ‘em out on Facebook for latest projects they're working on. JLM Outfront JLM Out-Front — Innovative Products for Your Trucks
You might want to suggest they contact one of the moderators @Mike_PS, @Kevin_NJ, @BUFF, or @BossPlow2010 regarding being a sponsor if you or they intend to promote commercial products on here

· Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
Welcome to PlowSite!

@Mike_PS is the head honcho here, so he can chime in to confirm, but I'll give my two cents.

If you are passing along information about another company or product, you're good to go, we do that here all the time. If you want to advertise here to draw sales to your business, you would need to be a sponsor. It looks like you are currently doing the former, so I'll leave the post as is.

Re-reading cwren's post, he said you could suggest to Rich he become a sponsor here, not you.

Thanks
Kevin

· Registered
7,395 Posts

These are what I suggested to the OP, but didn't know the name.
He indicated he didn't want to mount his winch to the plow mount horns, as he was afraid it would twist or tweak them and make plow mounting difficult or damage the mount.
Which is understandable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts