Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 8' hd mm2 3 plug on my 2012 sierra 2500. I have this odd issue with my plow. When I have the plow fully lifted and i angle the plow fully to the left all of the electronics in my truck ( radio and climate control) flash like as if the truck turned off and back on and the truck chimes at me as well. I thought it was the 2 prong power cable on the plow because at one point I could pisition the cable in such a way that it wouldnt happen. To I purchased and installed a brand new cable but with my luck it did not fix the problem. To make sure it wasnt my truck I hooked up to my buddies plow moved it in both directions and never had a hickup. Any ideas are much appreciated.

Btw

The power cable and relay and connected directly to a brand new optima battery.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
Is there a battery gauge on the truck? If so, what does it show when the plow reaches the limit?

It sounds like the truck isn't providing enough amperage; the draw spikes when the plow reaches the end of it's travel and it sounds like the truck is shutting off the accessories as a result. Why the new battery isn't helping, I'm not sure yet.

edit: Why it didn't do it on your with your buddy's plow, I can't say. It could simply be that your plow is drawing more power due to fluid condition, age of the motor, etc.

· Registered
14,949 Posts
What happens if you hook your plow up to his truck?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.