Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am new to the site and thank you in advance for all your help!

My issue: Plow will not move in any direction. I start the truck up, power up the Fish-stick (6 pin), when pressing Left, Right or Raise the motor runs and I hear clicks (valves opening?) When hitting Lower I just hear a click.

What I have done so far:
-Changed the fluid.
-Took the pump off and replaced the shaft seal and o-ring, filter, cleaned the pump
-Cleaned truck and plow side harness connectors.
- Replaced S1 valve (after bench testing all 3 and solenoids).
-Replaced the motor.
- Replaced the solenoid relay (New Fisher)

Note: When I unplug the 3 pin harness the Fish-stick is still on and when pressing the buttons said above same functionality. Shouldn't the controller turn off? Why do I still hear the valves clicking and motor running when hitting the buttons (with 3 pin unplugged).

Also, I disconnected the Driver Side Angle Hose at the manifold and when pressing any button (besides Lower) oil shoots out. I did the same with the other two hoses (PS and Lift) no oil came out?

I have no idea where to go from here. Thank you all.

· Registered
8,294 Posts
First off you most likely are hearing the solenoid clicking under the hood. Unplug light harness should cause control to turn off. Are you sure you connected power to pump motor correctly? Did it work before all this work? What does the fluid look like? Aerated?

· Registered
14,949 Posts
If the motor is running and no movement, you need to test light the wires at the coils while operating up, L, R and see what you get. Remove the positive wire from the motor so it wont run

Reactions: Studentunh
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.