Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had this plow a few years and never had a problem, until tn. Its a Fisher MM1 with the three plug set up and I have the fish stick in the truck. It was running fine and then after my first driveway I lost power to the controller. The plow lights still worked but the red light on the controller wouldnt come on. I fixed a frayed wire on on of the plugs I found and cleaned out/applied new grease to the plugs and it worked again. Did another driveway and it stopped working again.

I believe I can rule out fuses because they wouldnt stop and start working. Does anyone have an idea of where to start trouble shooting this? I've only been plowing a couple years so this is all new to me. Thanks!

· Registered
6,266 Posts
I would think the first clue would be the frayed wire, chances are it's the same harness/connector. Sounds to me like you need to fully evaluate your wirings condition, truck side, plow side, and every other side...

· Registered
65 Posts
Since you're losing power to the controller, maybe you should try running a new 12V wire to the controller, with an inline fuse. If you don't have the mechanic's guide for the MM1 plow, you can download it from Fisher's website. The guide shows how to troubleshoot problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.