Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
17,201 Posts
#13?
I give that a few turns in
Id bottom it out, but if you do so soon as you start feeling some resistance stop and don’t try to crank it tight bottoming it out because you could destroy the spring.
Then back it back out about 3 to 4 turns and try it
Product Font Parallel Design Diagram

· Registered
17,201 Posts
It’s called a drop speed Quill

most of the time the top of that screw is close to being flush with the valve block .
in the picture yours seems to be really far out ,
It controls how fast pressure is released when you drop the plow.

But I also have found the most systems when that is not functioning it attends to cause a lot of other issues

· Registered
17,201 Posts
Shouldn’t take that much force to turn it in or out.
Most of them are only sticking out a little bit like this one or are in a little bit more.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Asphalt

Did somebody put some Loctite on that messing with you?
because that should turn out fairly easily as new as that Looks.

With the blade sitting on the ground & the lift Rams retract or the weight off of it. you cam remove it . put a rag around it as you unscrew it.
not that a lot of fluid is going to come shooting out but sometimes there’s a check ball with a spring but that one just looks like it’s a needle valve.

I would try working it back-and-forth because if it doesn’t move either way how would you ever be able to adjust it properly.

Some of them have O-rings in there& that’s what it shows in the schematic so I’m not too gun ho on applying any heat.

· Registered
17,201 Posts
The pick up /filter is in place and it’s full of fluid?

because now it doesn’t sound like it’s building any pressure.

But it is very rare for a pump to go bad.
If the pump was going bad when you drained out the fluid it should’ve looked grey and fill shavings. And the screen should’ve been full of the stuff too

· Registered
17,201 Posts
By the schematic it looks like the reservoir is bolted up from the bottom you wouldn’t remove the electric motor

The shaft on the pump extends up through and goes into the electric motor.

removing the motor should expose the end of the pump shaft which should have the male end of the slott and there should be a slot for to go into on your motor. if that is stripped off like suggested then your answer would be there.

is the pump loose and not being held all the way up?

· Registered
17,201 Posts
I actually swung by my local fisher dealer yesterday to bounce some ideas off the service counter, one of the techs said he doesn't see it a lot but at a least a few a year. iirc he did have a recent case of some one losing all directional and it ended up being the pump.
ok
Then why did you mess with everything else
And not pull the pump out?

When you hit float/ lower did that plow drop like a Stone?

because that quill should be easily adjustable and not frozen in place

good luck, you’re still fixing it outside
No difference if you’re messing with the valves or taking the reservoir off..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts