Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure you guys will have answers right away.

With the plow hooked to the truck, when I use the controller, left makes the plow go left, right makes the plow go right, but lift makes the plow go left.

I can easily lift on the center ram and it seems like it is stuck in float .

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
edit: I just realized I was answering the wrong thread. But what I said still applies. I would check the battery connections first. That would not cause your lift issue, but that could still be unrelated.

Given the two issues, it is POSSIBLE your controller is bad, but I would rule out other possibilities first.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
edit: I just realized I was answering the wrong thread. But what I said still applies. I would check the battery connections first. That would not cause your lift issue, but that could still be unrelated.

Given the two issues, it is POSSIBLE your controller is bad, but I would rule out other possibilities first.
I thought it might be a controller issue but I have 2 controllers in my truck that worked earlier today and now both are doing the same thing.... I'm thinking it's a possible grounding issue, now, asfore the problem with the plow raising I'm kind of stuck until I get this current issue resolved

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

So it was just the ground on my battery for the control issue... I switched coils around on the valves and I am still having the same issues. Up goes left, left goes left and right goes right

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
So it was just the ground on my battery for the control issue... I switched coils around on the valves and I am still having the same issues. Up goes left, left goes left and right goes right
Then we are back to my first post. The S2 valve is staying on. Did you check it for magnetism as I suggested? These are what should be energized for each function (and only these)

Font Line Material property Rectangle Parallel

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then we are back to my first post. The S2 valve is staying on. Did you check it for magnetism as I suggested? These are what should be energized for each function (and only these)

View attachment 188931
S3 valve. I pulled it and the nipple on the end is getting stuck out. I worked the end and now the plow goes up and down but the nipple is stuck in. So at least it lifts now. Need a new s3 valve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.