Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK-I have a fisher minute mount 2 plow installed on an 06 Chevy 2500. everything works fine except it just started blowing the headlight fuse. With the plow harnesses unplugged, I have power coming into the fuse and nothing appears to be wrong on the other side. However, when I plug in the 10 pin connector, I immediately have ground on the opposite side of the fuse, which is the red wire f2-ce. I traced all the wiring on the plow side of the 10 pin and can find nothing wrong. It would appear I’m getting the ground from the three-port Isolation, module plug c. I unplugged the controller and that changes nothing. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

· Premium Member
17,090 Posts
F2 is power into the module. My guess is the module is bad but it could also be that the B&C headlight harness is damaged somewhere. The reason its not shorting out until you plug in that 11 pin connector is that the module requires the ground from that lighting connector to activate. So it doesn't mean that the issue has anything to do with the lights. To the contrary, if it was a light issue, it would normally blow the headlight fuse on the harness or one of the truck fuses for the headlights so I suspect its bot lighting related.

Best thing to do is contact a local dealer to see if they can bench test the module

1 - 7 of 7 Posts