Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 2021 F250 that I had a plow installed on. When I lift the plow or angle the plow and it maxs out it really screws with the electronics. Ford says not there problem Fisher says its a ford thing. The truck is the new 7.3 gas with 2 batteries and alternators. Should be plenty of power. Has anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Too much power when it dumps back into the system. Load dump

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I just wish one of you, that has this issue, would go out and buy a battery surge protector, for welding on vehicles, and try it,see what happens. Heck,you could probably even borrow one from somebody to try.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Well,we know Ford came out with a reprogramming to handle this, and have heard that it only sometimes works, but GM came out with a wire harness, with some sort of devices in it, for their trucks, 2014 and up.

GM Service Bulletin GM UI Bulletin #124j

·
Registered
56 Posts
I Have a 2021 F250 that I had a plow installed on. When I lift the plow or angle the plow and it maxs out it really screws with the electronics. Ford says not there problem Fisher says its a ford thing. The truck is the new 7.3 gas with 2 batteries and alternators. Should be plenty of power. Has anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem.
does the truck use a current sensor? if so, is the plows heavy negative routed through the sensor?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The 5 times my plow has been on my truck, and all uses in that time I think my electronics went haywire once. Tended to think was going from lift to angle fast. Typically I raise five a second then able or what ever. Never did since.

18 Posts
Hi...2020 Lariat, same deal with power train, charging. Fisher 8.5 straight no problem with electrical at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts