Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Check fuses on plow pump, check main power plug, the two small pins are the communication wires. Check the control plug, pins sometime push out of connector. A plug on plow module is where communication wires plug in.

· Registered
6,266 Posts
Fish stick light flashing replaced everything off a brand new extreme v same result checked every wire 3 times I would appreciate any leads at all
Back up a second, what do you mean you replaced "everything off a brand new extreme v"?? What exactly did you replace, and why?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the truck available to me here so after checking each wire inch by inch I went in to process of elimination. Both modules controller and harness .and the thing is the parts I took off the non functional plow work on the other truck .I'm stumped I have 20 hours of troubleshooting in it now

· Registered
6,266 Posts
I have the truck available to me here so after checking each wire inch by inch I went in to process of elimination. Both modules controller and harness .and the thing is the parts I took off the non functional plow work on the other truck .I'm stumped I have 20 hours of troubleshooting in it now
Slow down grasshopper. You're wasting your time and blowing by essential details. Start from the beginning. What exactly did you replace? The sole concern from the get go, was the flashing light?

When it slow blinks like that it's 99% of the time a communication error, more to the point the power/control harness grill connectors, and or harness. Usually it's just a matter of unplugging and replugging, loose connection, or contaminated connection, but it's quite common to have corrupt connectors as well, especially from mishandeling, guys will bend and pull on the harnesses, rather than the molded connectors themselves, or they twist and pry on them when they won't come apart, or go together, causing wires to become broken or pinched within the connectors, or directly behind the connectors...or a chaffed harness on the bumper / grill from improper installation...in either case, it's 9 times out of 10 the power / control harnesses, either truck side or plow side.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
I went as far as to bypass these two control wires from the plug right to the control module plug and same results
You can't bypass the main power connector with just the communication wires. The main power is where module gets its power. No power, no communication. Believe there are 6 fuses out under the covers of plow pump. Two on front, four in back. One is the fuse for power to the module.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm too the point now where I pulled whole harness I have it on the shop floor beside me hooked up as it is on vech went through every wire bypassing the control wires tan and white ones right to the plow module .this is why I went into process of elimination I have the harness spread out on floor and ohm tested each wire took my harness plugged into other truck and works fine

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Slow down grasshopper. You're wasting your time and blowing by essential details. Start from the beginning. What exactly did you replace? The sole concern from the get go, was the flashing light?

When it slow blinks like that it's 99% of the time a communication error, more to the point the power/control harness grill connectors, and or harness. Usually it's just a matter of unplugging and replugging, loose connection, or contaminated connection, but it's quite common to have corrupt connectors as well, especially from mishandeling, guys will bend and pull on the harnesses, rather than the molded connectors themselves, or they twist and pry on them when they won't come apart, or go together, causing wires to become broken or pinched within the connectors, or directly behind the connectors...or a chaffed harness on the bumper / grill from improper installation...in either case, it's 9 times out of 10 the power / control harnesses, either truck side or plow side.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
You are doing a lot of unnecessary things. Valves have nothing to do with communication error. You need to be looking at control, communication wires, plow module and power into plow module. One of those things is not working. I would start by putting everything back together. Test for power into module. Test ground for module. You claim control and module worked on another truck. Have you tried hooking the new XV to the truck that isn't working? Or the XV that is not working to the truck that is working?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes the slow flashing light on stick so first thing I replaced was that then went through my harness wire by wire then replaced the 2 modules (under hood and 1 on plow ) then I took my harness off and plugged into my new plow and it works i have the harness spread out on shop floor with a battery powering up system

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are doing a lot of unnecessary things. Valves have nothing to do with communication error. You need to be looking at control, communication wires, plow module and power into plow module. One of those things is not working. I would start by putting everything back together. Test for power into module. Test ground for module. You claim control and module worked on another truck. Have you tried hooking the new XV to the truck that isn't working? Or the XV that is not working to the truck that is working?

· Registered
6,266 Posts
You're attempting to kill a fly with a bazooka and missing everytime. You don't need to go to this extreme, more times than not you cause additonal issues, compounding the problem.

This plow worked on this truck previously, correct?

You stated that you had a new xv that you were swapping parts off from, did you hook up to the new plow and make sure your truck would run that properly?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.