Fisher A frame holes worn bigger... solution?

gtmustang00

The holes I use for my plow are worn bigger and sloppy. As anyone come up with a sleeve to weld back in? Maybe a piece of pipe? What size is the original hole, 1"?

2012 9'6 XV1

Kinport

I had an EZV this happened to, I don’t remember the repair exactly but I’m pretty sure I took a 2”x2”x.25” piece of steel plate and punched a 1” hole in the middle. Then I welded that over the hole that had been wallowed out. Worked just fine. I’ll check the plow a little later and see exactly how I did that

TJS

2000 Club Member
Here is another link after you get past the fluff too. Post 51 shows how I fixed the ears.

Brian Young

PlowSite Veteran
I knew a guy years ago that when he got a new plow he drilled out the holes and installed some type of sleeve and when that wore out he replaced the sleeve. Not sure what holes he drilled, size or type of material he used.

OP
G

gtmustang00

I would like to find some sort of sleeve that could be welded in that is a harder material than the pin is so the pin would wear vs the a frame hole/sleeve. I had a friend weld the holes tighter with a 7018 rod. He said there is a dif rod that is a harder material that they use for hard facing excavator buckets.

TJS

2000 Club Member
As soon as you weld on these short bushings much of the hardness goes out the window. McMaster does sell hardened bushings but they are for press fit. Not enough meat for these to be pressed in for what you are doing. They are not cheap. This is why most people who perform re-bushing jobs, make their own out of 1045 or other tool steel on a lathe.

Top Forums