Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, just writing my experience in case anyone else goes to do this job.

I have an old MM1 9’ fisher with the SEHP hydraulic pack. Old but taken care of and reliable. The lift cylinder was leaking due to original gland nut seals and a bit of pitting on the cylinder rod wearing them out.

the fisher parts diagram for this model only list two cylinder rod length for the lift cylinder, a 6” or a 10”. Mine is longer, 12 or 14”.There’s a fisher dealer near me I will soon talk to about this to figure it out. This is a regular heavy duty plow, not a commercial duty.If you have this plow just verify your cylinder rod length.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any reputable hydraulic shop can build a new rod for less than you can buy one from the OEM almost always. I almost never go back to OEM for hydraulic components.

Example: Steering cylinder on my Kubota B3350 was leaking this summer. Kubota wanted $600 for new seals. Went to my hydraulic supplier and got everything for less than $60. (I do my own repairs.) Find a hydraulic specialty shop. Even if you have to order and have it shipped, it will save you loads of money.

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
First post, just writing my experience in case anyone else goes to do this job.

I have an old MM1 9’ fisher with the SEHP hydraulic pack. Old but taken care of and reliable. The lift cylinder was leaking due to original gland nut seals and a bit of pitting on the cylinder rod wearing them out.

the fisher parts diagram for this model only list two cylinder rod length for the lift cylinder, a 6” or a 10”. Mine is longer, 12 or 14”.There’s a fisher dealer near me I will soon talk to about this to figure it out. This is a regular heavy duty plow, not a commercial duty.If you have this plow just verify your cylinder rod length.
it’s the 10”. They don’t go by the length of the rod, the 10” refers to the stroke length. The 6” is used on the downsized plows

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Any reputable hydraulic shop can build a new rod for less than you can buy one from the OEM almost always.
I tried that, 2 shops were almost double. I found an online shop that was reasonable even with shipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it’s the 10”. They don’t go by the length of the rod, the 10” refers to the stroke length. The 6” is used on the downsized plows
ahhhhhaaaa, this makes perfect sense. In all the listings the rod is listed as 1.5” 10” as if both were the rods dimensions. Never said anything about stroke. Just placed an order for the “10””. $116

thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts