• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Fisher 8' XBLADE

CAT420

Guys i have an 2003 gmc sierra 2500hd and i was looking into the 8' fisher xblade. Is this a good choice? Also, are the Whelen 90w hide aways a good choice?

2003 GMC 2500hd
01 xr200r
01 SV650s
Ford 445 1yd bucket

LTL

I have a 7.5 SS X-blade on our F-150 7700. A couple things that are unique about the X-blade is that it is MUCH louder/noisier than a tradition plow, the SS like to rattle against the main frame. Their are no shoes available for it, their are curb shoes but they are not like the traditional round shoe that keeps the blade off of the ground. Also you need to buy a cutting edge because one does not come standard. Over all it has been a great plow, we have run it for 3 seasons, 80+ jobs per storm, 10-15 storms a year. We have had no downtime other than to replace the cutting edge. Any other questions about it let me know.

LTL

Also, it is nice to have a plow that after 3 years of abuse and salt shows no sign of rust. The blade is still nice and shiny (love the Stainless Steel) and we keep the frame coated with Fluid Film.

OP
CAT420

CAT420

thanks for the help, yea i want the ss. I wasnt looking to buy new anyways so hopefully i find one with the cutting edge on already. Ive been looking at a couple mm2 a couple years old for about $2500 is that a good price?

LTL

CAT420;517070 said:
thanks for the help, yea i want the ss. I wasnt looking to buy new anyways so hopefully i find one with the cutting edge on already. Ive been looking at a couple mm2 a couple years old for about $2500 is that a good price?
For a SS X-Blade with a mm2 it sounds like a good price, we paid $5000 new. Just be careful, look down the plow length way and make sure it is not bent or tweaked. Fisher plows do not fold like western, the edge trips. This can be good for carying a snow load but when you hit a solid object the blade does not fold/give and it can distort the moldboard and frame. As far as the cutting edge goes, none of fishers plows except for the v's come with a cutting edge, they are an option. Just make sure the trip edge is not worn past the mounting holes for the cutting edge. Good luck

plowman4life

i have the ss xtreme V it is by far the best v plow ive ever owned. it is the only plow that has yetto rust. we also have a couple regular x blades. they are very nice. worth every cent you will spend on it.