Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
6,896 Posts
You have it mounted to truck looks like. Pull upto it and try to line it up. May have to shim the wings a little. There is a adjustment on the t frame to level it.

· Registered
6,266 Posts
it's tough alone, and without equipment... atleast it's not the 9.5. Get um lined up the best that you can, use a pry bar down through the pin hinges to help get um close. Get the pin started, grease it first, line up the pin with the notches on the top facing front to back, make sure when you land it all the way down that it ends in that position.

It's all about holding your tongue just right and getting all three to line up just so. Get a couple pry bars / pursaders to wedge under the cutting edges to help manipulate them. I use jack stands under the spring perches. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL, the wings can fall, and where you're alone..... the key is finesse not brute force. Speaking of force, the pin will wiggle into position if done correctly, I'd advise getting it down atleast halfway without hammering, once you get it down that far, you can use a hand sized sledge and 2x4, while minipulating the wings slowly to assist.

· Registered
6,266 Posts
You can try and do it with the headgear mounted to the truck, but if it's not perfectly level and plum to the hinges at the proper level, get it off the truck, don't even bother trying to make it work. I cut the crate surrounds level to the pallet with a resiporcating saw, and set the headgear on the pallet with the end hanging over by a foot, and the jack all the way up.

I'm impressed that you got the headgear/ T frame on the truck by yourself, it's not easy solo and without apparent equipment.

· Registered
6,896 Posts
If you loosen bolts on lower t frame you will be able to tilt where the pin goes in to help line it up

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's tough alone, and without equipment... atleast it's not the 9.5. Get um lined up the best that you can, use a pry bar down through the pin hinges to help get um close. Get the pin started, grease it first, line up the pin with the notches on the top facing front to back, make sure when you land it all the way down that it ends in that position.

It's all about holding your tongue just right and getting all three to line up just so. Get a couple pry bars / pursaders to wedge under the cutting edges to help manipulate them. I use jack stands under the spring perches. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL, the wings can fall, and where you're alone..... the key is finesse not brute force. Speaking of force, the pin will wiggle into position if done correctly, I'd advise getting it down atleast halfway without hammering, once you get it down that far, you can use a hand sized sledge and 2x4, while minipulating the wings slowly to assist.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can try and do it with the headgear mounted to the truck, but if it's not perfectly level and plum to the hinges at the proper level, get it off the truck, don't even bother trying to make it work. I cut the crate surrounds level to the pallet with a resiporcating saw, and set the headgear on the pallet with the end hanging over by a foot, and the jack all the way up.

I'm impressed that you got the headgear/ T frame on the truck by yourself, it's not easy solo and without apparent equipment.
Gettingthe headgear on the truck with no instruction no help and no equipment on the grass wasn't fun

· Registered
6,896 Posts
With that stuff loosened up you’ll see how it pivots. That should get you enough to line everything up and get pin started. You have to loosen that up and adjust it so Plow lays flat in scoop and v positions anyway.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update. I checked each wing and the a frame to make sure the pin slid through. I struggled with each wing to get them on the dollies. But did it. I then unbolted t frame from push plate and used a jack to align.I greased the pin and the holes on wings and a frame. The pin dropped half way through, I am not even kidding. A little wingling and jacking I dropped the pin all the way in with just a push. I am glad that's done

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Hood Car Vehicle

· Registered
6,266 Posts
Very Nice. Finesse is key! I do a couple a season. I would recommend swapping out your bump stops for the shorter ones if you haven't already, and double check your hose routing, 90% of the time they're too close to the bump stops when in the full up position, don't even waste your time with zip ties, they won't last you, unwrap and rewrap them to get them far away. It'll save you a few headaches down the road.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very Nice. Finesse is key! I do a couple a season. I would recommend swapping out your bump stops for the shorter ones if you haven't already, and double check your hose routing, 90% of the time they're too close to the bump stops when in the full up position, don't even waste your time with zip ties, they won't last you, unwrap and rewrap them to get them far away. It'll save you a few headaches down the road.
Thank you. I just got the instructions so I'll go through them. I was wondering where those stops went that were bolted to the pallet. I'll change them out. It's tough coming off the truck. I need to adjust the chain. The heavy part is done just need to wire it up.

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.