First year snow plowing wish me luck

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Jacksonpowers, Nov 2, 2018.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'm not surprised. If an idiot can sue and win for spilling coffee on themselves because "it was hot", anything is possible.

That's why I will stay home than touch them.

2. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite Fanatic

This wasn't at a gas station. I couldn't imagine doing that crap.

3. The Snow Punishers

The Snow Punishers Senior Member

Hahaha

4. The Snow Punishers

Hajaha it actually would have been a lot better of a truck if the goda** owner took care of it before me

5. The Snow Punishers

Haha I wish I could've seen that look of determination to get through in some puny car only to destroy it lmfao

6. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth PlowSite.com Addict

I used to plow a big church, 5 entrances. It didn't matter if 3 entrances were pushed open and half the lot done. Those people were using the one they always do and parking in " their" spot, plowed or not.

The Snow Punishers likes this.
  7. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

These were very popular with the 18-23 year old crowd. First thing they did was bought a tuner to be cool and "roll coal" without doing anything to the engine to handle the extra fuel and compression.

And also, this goes without saying but maintenance is key too.

8. The Snow Punishers

Old post but proud to say second year I boomed. Even getting a couple trucks next year.

I want a dump for removal work.

I even got a contract with west point military base.

Thanks guys.

Oh and that 6.0 powerjoke went off a cliff with black ice rolled 275 ft had bad habit of not wearing seatbelt but it saved my life along with me just being a big guy. I mean the truck was still running Happy frame intact. Roof caved so it got totalled. I shut my keys kicked open the door truck was like let's go to work I was like na I think ima go to the hospital

9. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

do you still have the gas stations, lose any lids?
    you say you want a dump for removal work, what ru going to load it with?

10. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing PlowSite.com Addict

I think it depends on the gas station, I have been plowing the same gas station for over 10 years now and never popped a cover off.
    I just go really really really slow over them, LOL

The thing that drives me nuts is the people pulling up under the roof by the pumps after I have plowed and brushing their snow off their cars or you have spaces cleared and then they pull in and park, not where it's cleared but where the snow is and your about to plow it.

11. Dirtebiker

Dirtebiker Senior Member

I get that gas stations can be a pain, but I would clear the covers with broom or shovel before plowing. Seems like a no brainer.

12. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

Around here most gas stations put orange pylons/cones on top of the covers ? :drinkup:

13. Indycorp

Indycorp Member

LMAO...Question of the day for newbies.

14. Indycorp

Indycorp Member

I had two kids doing donuts on my lot back in the 90's during a 36" storm. I asked them to leave multiple times. After they told me what to do with myself a few times they got stuck on the corner of the lot and walked off. They didn't get their car out until the end of April as it was under 20' of snow from January.

15. Indycorp

Indycorp Member

Gas stations....Those pumps nowadays cost a bit over 100k. Back into one....Call it a year. Without insurance, you have many more legal fees on top and possible loss of income from the owner or corporation.

16. The Snow Punishers

Karma delivered. Stupid kids

17. The Snow Punishers

I'm fully insured. It's funny looking back at this

18. Rurikbsmith

Rurikbsmith Junior Member

19. Rurikbsmith

Rurikbsmith Junior Member

You want to get one commercial account. The way I started is getting on google earth satellite view looked for bigger lots then clicked on building and got address. From there I entered the address in a local website called Deschutes county dial. That gives me the information about the property such as name of the owners or property management. Then I googled their info and did a cold call. I did 100 of those. It takes time but it works. Then when your done with your accounts you hit residential neighborhoods, offer to anyone who’s not plowed yet.