Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new rig, 99 F-350 4x4 dually with 7.3l diesel. With a Blizzard 8.5 foot straight blade plow. Of course the front springs are sagged out. While looking for a part number for the X springs ole mister goggle popped info for these up.

Firestone #2223 which is just an air bag setup for the front of the truck. Drill a couple mounting holes and bolt some bags in and run an air line. They are talking couples hours install time. Which sounds a whole lot nicer then removing springs from a 1999 rusty WI truck.

Has anybody tried these before? Figure it would be great to be able to adjust the front spring rate for the plow being on or off. Plus maybe a Ranch Hand bumper. What do the experts say??

Thanks.

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
How many leafs are on their now?

·
Registered
51,646 Posts

·
Registered
14,404 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the great help.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Thanks for all the great help.
I personally would just change the leafs if they are that bad. I don't like the thought of relying on a mechanical device out in the elements to carry the load.
That truck should be able to carry an 8.5' plow without issue. Ballast really makes a difference so don't judge the springs it the backs empty.

I

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Putting the air bags in, finish up tomorrow. So far 50 psi on one side gave me about 2-3 inches lift. Inch to inch and half on the other side with no bag, yet. Well up off the bump stops now. According to instructions 50 psi equals 1600lbs lift capacity. Can go 100 psi max with a min of 5lbs.

Thought about heavier springs but wanted to be able to adjust the suspension. For the 9-10 months a year without the plow. Had a 06 that I beefed up the front end to haul a 9.5 v-plow. Truck would make you sick driving down the highway empty. About bounce off the road running over a ant.

Plus being a lazy bum I didn't want to remove the bumper, plow mount, etc,etc. To get at the front spring mount bolt.

Looks like it might work out.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts