Snow Plowing Forum banner
101 - 120 of 828 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
Snowplow71;862229 said:
Was just going threw this topic (for the 4th time..) and thought, since you hooked the '92, to the 2000's plow, why couldn't you put the 11ft Boss on the 2000? For the little snow falls, I'd bet you would love the extra coverage. Just and idea Alaska...
albhb3;862292 said:
cuz as south park put it {I do what I want}
91AK250;862327 said:
i think the reason he got the 8'2" was because the 9'2" was getting pretty tired, correct me if i'm wrong?
Yep, the 9.2 is sooo wore out,... every pin, bushing, etc is crooked & egg-shaped, cracks all over the place, etc,... I'd sure like to see the mountain of snow that plow has moved in the last 6 years. It's gonna take a lot of work to get that plow tight again, but maybe later on when it's -58° below zero, that will be a project I can work on. but for sure, I could & would put it on the new truck too,...

Cloud Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle

Discussion starter · #102 ·
Banksy;862538 said:
Who do you call if you have a break down out there in never never land? I don't ever see another truck with you in your pics.
WeDoSnowplowing;862747 said:
Never Never land normal does not have cell service.
Actually, we have cell phone coverage in most places around here now,.. but there are some stretches of highway that are dead. I can only remember one time that I had to call a buddy to give me a pull.... & that was only because I didn't have my chains with me at the time,... I had kinda slid off into the ditch, with solid ice on the road,... and I just couldn't get myself out,... all other breakdowns I always was able to get home on my own,.... :nod:

sven_502;862816 said:
I think that's why he drives chevy's, because he hasn't had that problem.

AK boss, I noticed you said you replaced the clutch in your older truck, are all of them stick shift? What about engines? Do you have a thread where you've got all that posted, or an info thread on your preparing the 2000 truck? Awesome pics.
Mark13;862844 said:
I believe they are all 5.7 (350ci) small blocks with nv4500 transmissions (manual 5spd)
The only Chevy auto transmission I have had is the TH 400 in the '90 dually I have right now. I had one 4.3 V-6, otherwise all the others have been 5-speeds & 350's, like Mark said. The 5.7/5-speed has proven itself to me to be a combo that will out-live the truck,.. even for plowing, & so at this point, I have little interest in taking the risk to see if some other combo will last as long. wesport

Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Car

Discussion starter · #103 ·
Well, our snowfall on the ground at this point is somewhere between 15 inches & close to 2 feet, depending on where you're at. I've plowed steady now for 4 days, and still have as many jobs left to do as I did 3 days ago. It pretty much snowed steady, with occ let-ups for over 2 days,... so, altho it was late, when the snow came, it came. I've used the '92 Chevy with the new Boss 8.2 for the last 3 days (and it's virtually paid for already,... payup), and the '92 has had a "Bret Favre" attitude the whole time,... "retirement,.. no way!! I can still play! " :D

Snow Automotive lighting Asphalt Slope Road surface

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Discussion starter · #104 ·
It's been below zero for most of this time (-27° yesterday morning) which generally makes for small flakes and more dense snow, but it still plows easy,... wesport

Tire Vehicle Car Snow Snowplow

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Snow Car Vehicle

Discussion starter · #105 ·
During the heaviest snowfalls, the temps would go up to about +10°, which made it seem almost warm out,.... but already in some of my narrow lanes, a V-blade would be the tool of choice to bust into with the least amount of effort.... :nod:

Tire Snow Snowplow Car Vehicle

Tire Snow Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Snow Vehicle Plant Car

Discussion starter · #106 ·
Working around buildings, one is always extra careful to not bump the joystick in the wrong way,... and have to buy your neighbor a new garage door,.... :dizzy:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Snow Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Snow Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Snow

Discussion starter · #107 ·
Just non-stop plowing open driveways,... prsport

Sky Tire Car Vehicle Snow

Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel Car

Discussion starter · #108 ·
Not too many hours of daylight around here this time of year,... most plowing is done in the dark... :cool:

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Snow Wheel

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Snow

Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Wheel

Discussion starter · #109 ·
At least there will be well-defined snow banks now for the next dump,.... :nod:

Tire Car Snow Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Snow Automotive tire

Discussion starter · #110 ·
Gotta make everything as wide as possible the first time,.. because once these banks set up, they'll be a lot tougher to move again,....

Tire Vehicle Snow Wheel Plant

Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Discussion starter · #111 ·
I already have piles as high as the truck, and windrows taller the the plow,... and the snow is supposed to be over now for a few days,... so maybe I can finally catch up,... and get a normal night's sleep one or twice before next May,... :waving::sleeping:

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Snow Vehicle Automotive lighting Slope Snowplow

Funny.. I noticed something in all these pictures.. your always using the correct tool for the job.. correct plow setup for each place you go too. No wonder your stuff lasts so long :)

I know people trying to fit a 9 foot blade through a walgreens drive through around here.. doeswork very well thats for sure.

Keep them coming. Now I have my wife looking at these pictures since she used to live in Alaska when she was a kid!

Alaska Boss;862942 said:
Well, our snowfall on the ground at this point is somewhere between 15 inches & close to 2 feet, depending on where you're at. I've plowed steady now for 4 days, and still have as many jobs left to do as I did 3 days ago. It pretty much snowed steady, with occ let-ups for over 2 days,... so, altho it was late, when the snow came, it came. I've used the '92 Chevy with the new Boss 8.2 for the last 3 days (and it's virtually paid for already,... payup), and the '92 has had a "Bret Favre" attitude the whole time,... "retirement,.. no way!! I can still play! " :D
I got a nice chuckle of out the favre comment.....http://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/laughing.gif

i'm jealous also, it hasnt snowed since the first decent amount. now its cold for us ofcourse. it was around -5 this morning suppoed to be -10 to -20 tonight.

i'm sure glad my dads letting me use the garage, i just have to pull his truck in when i leave lol

looks like fun i cant wait to plow some decent stuff too! the ol '92 still looks like one hell of a plowing machine ;)

101 - 120 of 828 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.