Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to do a complete clean and fluid change on my 1994 Unimount plow. I am finding that this replacement filter is a harder type plastic and is not going on that easy with the pump in the housing. I suspect that I will have to get it farther up the spout than I have it in the picture. Is there a trick to twist them on without breaking them? I will take the pump out to do it, which leads me to my next question, I understand that only two out of the four bolts mount the pump, can you tell me which two it is? Thanks again! Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

· Registered
6,807 Posts
Like Randall said not a problem if all four removed but if your worried just do 2 next to each other. Then check length. The bolts that hold pump in housing are a little longer.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much! I did try to persuade the screen on with a small crowbar, the angle was just right to grab the flat back of the plastic, but I got it as far as you see in the picture, and then it buckled and I heard the plastic crack on the screen frame. So, I have to pick up a new filter and I will try to get it on farther by taking the pump out, I'm thinking that 1/8 inch inside plastic lip has to sit in the 1/8 inch groove still showing in the picture. Can anyone confirm that positioning of the filter?

· Registered
7,298 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perfect, thanks for that info. I am actually in the process of putting a new motor in due to that my original one went into crawl speed for the last two hours of use, and then died. With that in mind, could I ask one more question regarding torque values from your chart above, which screws(on the chart) are the ones with the dab of yellow paint on them, and which screws are the 5/8 on the red flange? It's the screw names that confuse me, motor base cap screw, motor end cap screw, base lug cap screw, I'm not sure who is who. Thanks. Saw Abrasive saw Disc brake Concrete saw Automotive tire

· Registered
723 Posts
my filter did the same thing went on about like yours, I got a flat head screw driver and popped it on , makes a good click noise. they don't give you much room to work with , not sure if it was designed to take the pump out then the filter on

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Absolutely right, push it as far as it will go until it hits that ridge in the metal and stops, and it does make a click noise as it goes into place. It took a bit of pressure to push/wiggle it into place, Wood Tool Gas Machine Nut
so for me, I will just take the two minutes and two bolts to pop the pump out and get a good grip on it to push it on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.