Filling up after a storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Neige, Feb 22, 2008.

  1. Neige

    Neige Sponsor
    Messages: 2,255

    Happiest gas station in town, I'm over $50,000 this winter so far.

  2. mulcahy mowing

    mulcahy mowing Senior Member
    Messages: 718

    damn you have a fleet of machines! do they all do driveways?
  3. OP

    Neige Sponsor
    Messages: 2,255

    Thanks, 70% are driveways 2700 of them, the other 30% commercials.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  4. gardenkeeper88

    gardenkeeper88 Senior Member
    Messages: 113

    Wow That's a lot of fuel. On the bright side if no major breakdowns or accidents then...payup. Nice looking fleet!
  5. Superior L & L

    Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI
    Messages: 3,041

    Wow thats some serious equipment! How many are there and what do they and u do in the summer?
  6. K20Fisher

    K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine
    Messages: 176

    Do you own the gas station
  7. OP

    Neige Sponsor
    Messages: 2,255

    Maybe I should buy the gas station. As far as equipment goes

    6 M9000 Kubota
    2 M100 Kubota
    1 M110 Kubota
    1 M 95 Kubota
    1 M95x Kubota
    1 M8200 Kubota
    1 AR520 Kubota
    2 Fermec 660
    1 Landini 95 Blizzard
    6 TS 100 New Holland
    2 TS 110 New Holland
    2 JCB 214 backhoes
    1 Volvo 90
    1 Tencho snow blower 275HP that attaches on the Volvo
    2 Bombardier sidewalk plows
    1 Ford F350 with a v plow and salter
    1 Inter SS with a salter
    1 Inter 40S with 12' box plow

    I think thats it, maybe missed something. And I landscape in the summer.
  8. Camden

    Camden PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,628

    Are you serious? How long does it take you to do all of them? Keep the pics coming...
  9. mulcahy mowing

    mulcahy mowing Senior Member
    Messages: 718

    2700 driveways

    we need more pics that fleet is crazy
  10. Snowman19

    Snowman19 Senior Member
    Messages: 323

    Did you buy the whole dealership? That is crazy! I like it, keep the pictures coming:waving:
  11. TKLAWN

    TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran
    Messages: 3,740

    WOW that is this sweetest fleet I have ever seen are all of the tractor gas or diesel?
  12. D&R Plowing

    D&R Plowing Member
    Messages: 67

    Wow, awesome fleet. Look at the price on the sign, 112.4. Is that for a gallon of fuel or an equivalent amount.
  13. OP

    Neige Sponsor
    Messages: 2,255

    Thanks guys and Gals, i'm very proud of my business.
    I wish that was for a gallon. No that is for a liter of gas. Diesel is 1.22 a liter, and there are 4 liters that go into a US gallon. Ouch.
    I took some videos the other day will try and post them soon.
    Here,s a pic of doing some hourly for our town.


  14. creativedesigns

    creativedesigns Addict
    Messages: 1,857

    Paul, you should be buying coloured diesel fuel & have it in bulk tanks at your shop or something!! Also, do you have a snow accumulation cap-off limit for resi's ? ( like if it snows over 250 cm, after you charge per visit ) Impressive fleet though! :drinkup:

    fuel tank.jpg
  15. OP

    Neige Sponsor
    Messages: 2,255

    No I don't run on colored fuel, was told it was illegal, very heavy fines. Every year, some equipment gets spot checked by Revenue Canada. They siphon out some fuel to check the color. We also do not have any limits on our contracts, will try next year but the market is pretty competitive.
  16. dmontgomery

    dmontgomery Addict
    Messages: 1,246

    I hope you have a rewards credit card for all that fuel buying!!!!!!
  17. AbsoluteH&L

    AbsoluteH&L Senior Member
    Messages: 566

    $50,000 for 2700 accounts and 33 pieces of machinery really isn't all that bad. To bad you can't use the off road fuel.
  18. Philbilly2

    Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 12,896

    why can't you use off-road fuel (dyed) those tractors are not plated for road use are they?
  19. mulcahy mowing

    mulcahy mowing Senior Member
    Messages: 718

    they have to be how do they got from account to account they use the roads. at least here they would have to be
  20. OP

    Neige Sponsor
    Messages: 2,255

    They are plated for snow clearing. Which means they are allowed to go on the street for that purpose only. In the province of Quebec, I don't know about the rest of Canada. I could use heating oil or farm dyed fuel, but am told its tax evasion. It would save me at least 30% but I want to stay legal.