• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

Feedback on where to post job ads, and where is a good source for potential new hires?

CK82

Hey All,

Not certain if this should be posted elsewhere. I am looking for some further ideas on where to post job ads besides Craigslist & Indeed that have been successful for you? Beyond that I'd imagine networking with roofing companies, or other seasonal contractors may be an option? All in all I do realize the work isn't overly desirable or consistent.

Any feedback, or information will be helpful. Thanks in advance! -Chris

Kvston

Last time I wanted a carpenter I tried (same start date) Craigslist, zip recruiter and Facebook. I live in a rural area 1/2 hour from a small city. Most applicants came from zip. Best came from Craigslist. Most applicants weren’t worth the time.

IMO Craigslist/Facebook is cheaper to start with...

Avalanche 2500

PlowSite.com Addict
When looking for the right person you should include: Do Not apply if you oversleep, have to get rides later than your start time, experience flat tires weekly, or have to be on your cell all day / Ask to borrow money frequently etc. !! :nono:

OP
C

CK82

Thank you for the feedback and info fellas. We all know how it goes as far as staffing right! 1 out of 20 or more may be a potential.

I appreciate the info however.

-Chris