Favorite snow mover

AutoScott

Hey guys, I really enjoy this forum. Lots of great information. My situation is this, I remove snow from a very large field (2 acres) so that people can park and watch the dog races. It is grass not pavement or gravel. They want all of the snow piled on one side so I can’t go back-and-forth like normal parking lots. What is your favorite snow mover? I have a Bobcat S550 with a Fisher straight angle plow that is 8 foot long now. I’m planning on putting straight wings on the ends the contain more snow. Thanks for the input

plow4beer

PlowSite.com Addict
Hey guys, I really enjoy this forum. Lots of great information. My situation is this, I remove snow from a very large field (2 acres) so that people can park and watch the dog races. It is grass not pavement or gravel. They want all of the snow piled on one side so I can’t go back-and-forth like normal parking lots. What is your favorite snow mover? I have a Bobcat S550 with a Fisher straight angle plow that is 8 foot long now. I’m planning on putting straight wings on the ends the contain more snow. Thanks for the input
That size machine and plow w/ straight wings is more than enough if that’s all your doing...how do you keep from destroying the ground on the first snow, or when the ground isn’t frozen, etc?

White_Gold11

If the snow has to be moved to a specific location on one side only.. and it’s snows everyday all day.. I would choose a CAT 966M fully loaded with a max pro 12-24 MP so you can get done in ten minutes and nap for a few hrs and start again if need be.. not sure if you are plowing for the Iditarod but that’s my 2c... charge accordingly ⛄

jomama45

2000 Club Member
If the grass is frozen and relatively flat/smooth, I would think you coud use about any kind of plow without much damage. If there's a couple feet of snow and no frost under it, it will be a lot more complicated......

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
That size machine and plow w/ straight wings is more than enough if that’s all your doing...how do you keep from destroying the ground on the first snow, or when the ground isn’t frozen, etc?
A pipe on the cutting edge works. The yoopers have been doing that for years.
There's a thread on PS which is a good example of what pipe not to use.