Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Sounds like a bummer for sure. I remember after signing the contract for the 17 stores I maintained, I began finding info about how FC does not pay it's subcontractors and I was really scared to even deal with them. But I never had an issue. Maybe it's different when I only spread salt once per "snow" event and you guys plow multiple times per event.

I hope everything works out and you get what's owed to you. I usually always emailed the people who sent the "path of storm" emails and had them push my invoices through and they always did so in a timely manner.

Good luck.
I was a contractor during that time too. I could write a long post as to why that year was a disaster for them. In short they were understaffed and when someone quit no one was aware of what was going on with the account. I kept track of my stuff, kept my cool on the phone with them and payment are timely unless something is misplaced. To be honest I have never had a property manager not pay unless something was not showing in their system. This seems to be DG doing the crap though. Again I might be paid in full but why terminate a contract 21 days before it ends unless you plan on skipping out on the bill.

It says 30 day pay also
Ya that's what the scope of work says. You should signed a general contract back when you sent your w9 and crap. They will owe me like $5200 but I am not going to go stomping into a law firm and waste time and money when something is so clear that I agreed to. At least not now. If this ends up going 60 days with no attempt to pay, then I'll seek some council. They will have to prove they did not get paid I assume.

I am prepping to be screwed here. So they terminated the contract on 4/8/2019. My seasonal account runs till the 30th. I called today and they said it is up to the client on how they handle the final payment. Being the last payment is the largest, I can only imagine how this is going to go down. Get the full season of plowing in, cancel right at the end and only pay 4/5 the bill. I don't know this for a fact, but why terminate 20 days before the contract ends. Contracts are as good as toilet paper.
Let me know if you want to pitch in on lawyer i agree to wait the 60 but they got me on the hook for 12k n they did same thing to me

Oddly enough a check came yesterday for a third of what they owe. I guess since it’s getting closer to winter they want to try and repair the relationships they killed so they have more suckers like me to pull the wool over their eyes

Oddly enough a check came yesterday for a third of what they owe. I guess since it's getting closer to winter they want to try and repair the relationships they killed so they have more suckers like me to pull the wool over their eyes
You should gotten an email in may or june saying that is what they were going to do and I got my 1/3 payment in June. It is adjusted for early cancelation of contract because the contract runs through may

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.