Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a call today from FS telling them our contract is good through March 31, 2019 and no services if needed after that. I knew the date but the last couple years we have had 2-3 snow events in April. I asked the question - do we need to rebid that into a new year per say. The person told me no. FS is no longer handleing Dollar Generals as they lost the bid. He said he did not know who received the bid going forward but did say it was a 2 year contract for the new "managing company". Anyone know anything??

· Registered
1,522 Posts
I received a call today from FS telling them our contract is good through March 31, 2019 and no services if needed after that. I knew the date but the last couple years we have had 2-3 snow events in April. I asked the question - do we need to rebid that into a new year per say. The person told me no. FS is no longer handleing Dollar Generals as they lost the bid. He said he did not know who received the bid going forward but did say it was a 2 year contract for the new "managing company". Anyone know anything??
No, but this does not suprise me.....The one time I did work for them, I got paid, but I had to make multiple legal threats to do so.

Just like most NSP stories, they suck

Imagine how much more we would all make if we eliminated these scum bag companies(nsp's)....& the customer would (more times than not) receive better service as well.

Btw, does anyone know if "squeezing out the NSP" is one of the talking points at the "Jorts in June"? And will it be held in the garage or living room @ the OLM property?

· Registered
15,616 Posts
Btw, does anyone know if "squeezing out the NSP" is one of the talking points at the "Jorts in June"? And will it be held in the garage or living room @ the OLM property?
I'm envisioning something like a round table discussion like this in the back 40...

Bonfire Fire Flame Campfire People in nature

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked the manager at the local store today and they know nothing. I asked if the regional manager could get a hold of me or me to him. The person at the counter was like.....um, regional what...the person maybe that you answer too....um.....Ill have to look into that. OMG people - whats the world coming to.

· Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
I asked the manager at the local store today and they know nothing. I asked if the regional manager could get a hold of me or me to him. The person at the counter was like.....um, regional what...the person maybe that you answer too....um.....Ill have to look into that. OMG people - whats the world coming to.
best bet, call corporate and after being transferred a zillion times, you may find the right person to talk to.

· Registered
6 Posts
If this is true this is really a bummer. I managed 17 locations this season. I'm in the South so we don't have much snow here, but 2 to 3 times out of the year we have to spread salt. It was good money for 6 hours of work with me working alone! Oh well...

· Registered
6 Posts
I received a response from Facility Source today. I asked if she knew about the snow contracts. She responded,

Hi Michael,

We did in fact lose our Dollar Generallandscaping accounts, but we still hold the contracts for snow removal.

I'm in the South. Maybe each area of the US is bid separately?

· Registered
6 Posts
Dollar General Corporate just responded to me. I was told each State is bid separately and providers must be able to cover complete states. Asked if I was interested in bidding when I'm a solo operator. haha.

· Registered
6 Posts
Another update regarding this.

Earlier today (4/8/19) I received an email with a pdf titled DG Requested Service Termination_DGC_Snow_2019_04.08.2019

It is a termination agreement acknowledging service termination between DG and FC that I had to sign.

In the email it also states,

This correspondence is to inform you that Dollar General has decided to remove ALL sites for snow removal services for the remainder of the season beginning immediately.

Dollar General recently decided to control their exterior costs by removing their portfolio with CBRE|FacilitySource altogether. This determination was entirely client based, and unrelated to your service levels or your relationship with CBRE|FacilitySource, and does not impact future awards or contracts. With the decision to pull all exterior snow contracts in your area, we are currently working with the client to process any final payments outstanding.
--

FC handling DG snow accounts are in fact no more! It sounds like to me DG is unhappy with FC and terminated the contract. As of 4/8/19 the new contract at least for my state has not undergone bidding yet.

I'm working to become "qualified" through DG and plan on bidding on my entire state of nearly 800 stores. I will post more when available.

· Registered
58,697 Posts

· Registered
58,697 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
I am prepping to be screwed here. So they terminated the contract on 4/8/2019. My seasonal account runs till the 30th. I called today and they said it is up to the client on how they handle the final payment. Being the last payment is the largest, I can only imagine how this is going to go down. Get the full season of plowing in, cancel right at the end and only pay 4/5 the bill. I don't know this for a fact, but why terminate 20 days before the contract ends. Contracts are as good as toilet paper.

· Registered
6 Posts
Plan on becoming a handler yourself? That's a ballsy move to bid 800 stores that are known for not being too lucrative.
I'm in GA so the vast majority of the state will never see wintry weather. I handled the entire Chattanooga area last season and LOVED it. I've been trying hard to get Knoxville and Atlanta too but was always told "if anything comes open, we'll let you know." Oh well.

Also, I do know too that a company called Divisions Maintenance Group out of KY has their lawn accounts now, at least for the state's of GA and TN. They are very similar to FC; Subcontract everything out, have their own app you have to use, etc.. I got contacted by DMG after contacting DG directly about lawn mowing. DMG advised they just won the contract and asked how much I'd mow them for. I know they are truthful about winning as they mentioned things to me that I ONLY mentioned to DG directly.

DMG seems OK. I did a job for them oddly enough, cleaning around a donation drop box at a local LOWES and hauling off all the garbage. Phone and emails have always been answered promptly and app was OK to use. Haven't seen a check yet, but it had been within the last 60 days so I don't expect to be paid yet anyways.

I'm not recommending them, just telling you guys and gals of my experience so far, as I know many of you may be interested and to my knowledge, no info of them can be found online like you can find of Facility Source.

Good luck.

· Registered
6 Posts
I am prepping to be screwed here. So they terminated the contract on 4/8/2019. My seasonal account runs till the 30th. I called today and they said it is up to the client on how they handle the final payment. Being the last payment is the largest, I can only imagine how this is going to go down. Get the full season of plowing in, cancel right at the end and only pay 4/5 the bill. I don't know this for a fact, but why terminate 20 days before the contract ends. Contracts are as good as toilet paper.
Sounds like a bummer for sure. I remember after signing the contract for the 17 stores I maintained, I began finding info about how FC does not pay it's subcontractors and I was really scared to even deal with them. But I never had an issue. Maybe it's different when I only spread salt once per "snow" event and you guys plow multiple times per event.

I hope everything works out and you get what's owed to you. I usually always emailed the people who sent the "path of storm" emails and had them push my invoices through and they always did so in a timely manner.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.