• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

F250/F350 Supercab door ajar light

pagosa1

I have owned both a 99 F250 and a 00 F350 Supercab and have trouble with the door ajar light staying on even when the doors are firmly closed. It is intermittent. Is this a known problem? Where is the contact switch in the door that activates this light?

speedracer241

door ajar light

Its been a while since I have worked on any of those trucks but if I remember correctly there is a switch on the door latch that turns that light off. I cant remember if you have to replace the whole latch or just the switch on the latch.
I'll do some research and post back later.

Good luck
Mark K

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
It also happens on the 2000 Ranger extended cab I drive at work. Sometimes when making a turn the light comes on. Doors are firmly shut. I have learned to ignore it.

~Chuck

Been There

I had the same problem with my 99 SD Ext. cab. What happens is the grease in the door gets tacky and prevents contact(not to mention build up of road grime etc.) take WD40 or I use PB Blaster and spray the door latches and into the latches on the drivers and passenger doors, this will clean the contacts and should fix your problem.

Joe