Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the electronic locking rear differential work when NOT LOCKED? Does it work like an open differential where one wheel gets all the power? Or does it work like a limited slip differential where traction is split between both rear wheels (within reason of course)?

Just curious, NYH1.

· Registered
4,475 Posts
Anyone have a problem with that

· Registered
60,265 Posts
Can you delete it??? Legally that is...

· Registered
60,265 Posts
Open diff or electronic lock under 20 mph is the only 2 choices from Ford , get the locker option .
How many trucks do you have to order to get it?

· Registered
20 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but if you have the option, get the locker. Yes, it's only good for under 20mph, but it works, VERY well. I had a limited slip in my old F350 diesel and the e-locker on my 17 F250 is night and day different, for the better. It's almost like a spool when engaged, love it.

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but if you have the option, get the locker. Yes, it's only good for under 20mph, but it works, VERY well. I had a limited slip in my old F350 diesel and the e-locker on my 17 F250 is night and day different, for the better. It's almost like a spool when engaged, love it.
The OP was asking how it works, not whether or not he should get it. Please try and stay on topic.

Edit: he is asking how it physically operates, not "how good it works"

· Registered
60,265 Posts
Thanks for the first hand account on how well it works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.