Snow Plowing Forum banner

ez classic vs ez plus

6K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  streetscrapin16 
#1 ·
ive read all the information on whats different about them but will a plow set up for the plus also work on a classic. im looking at a 7.5 meyer ez mount classic plow set up w/ the mounting carton already for my truck. dont know much info other than that. i have a one ton truck and was hoping to go more with a 8 or 8.5 foot plow. if i find one down the road i want to know if the mounting carton will still work the same. tried meyers web site but without knowing the actual plow model number im looking at i couldnt really do the ez transfer option on there. also any advice on either of these systems would be greatly appreciated. pros or cons. thanks

#3 ·
Ez mount classic and plus are not the same. The plow from classic will not even come close to attching on a plus mounting carton.Last year, we had a classic mount on a chevy and had bought a meyer plus plow (came with blade and pump but no mount wires etc) we priced out everything to swap from classic to plus and it was almost 900$ for mount and wires. Not worth it in my opinon.A meyers plow is nothing more than a meyers plow.

#4 ·
ok thats what i figured but i was only seeing pictures so it was hard to jujde. thought maybe there was a way to convert it without buying new everything. if id have to buy another mounting carton probablly wouldnt be worth it.

-im looking at buying a meyers 7.5 st plow for my 88 chevy one ton. the guy has everything i need. mounting carton (ez classic), saber lights on the lift frame. everything looks to be pretty solid .some rust in the corners but its all surface. nothing a my compressor and sanding wheel couldnt clean upp. coomes with the wiring, joystick everything already for my truck. has the e47 pump. lines look solid. pump is pretty clean.asking $1400 for it. do you guys think its worth it. i can find plows just as nice or some even nicer for the same money but then i also have to buy all the wiring and the mounting caton for my truck where as this guy already has it all. any thing in particular i should be aware of on this model plow.

-Basher, what do you have for used plows?. your local so i wouldnt mind taking a look if you have anything priced around the $1500 mark. looking to buy pretty soon so i can have everything taken care of before winter comes and im busy wiith school and work.

#6 · (Edited)
no its not a dually. I would most likely end up buying wings for it. the truck is like 6.5 feet wide but when i angle the plow with a 7.5 foot plow i might end up running over some snow. not sure yet. I know its made for light duty trucks and my truck can take a much bigger plow, but for right now its the only thing decent ive found for sale in my price range. I could always upgrade later to a bigger plow right. they make a 8 foot plow using the ez classic mounting system i believe. is that price fair for that set-up. i like the fact that i bolt the carton up and run the wires and im done. maybe a new cutting edge but thats nothing new. trying to minimize my costs down the road and buy everything as a package if i can.

#7 ·
also does anyone know maybe how old this is or around? im assuming the night saber lights were not original but the plow looks pretty clean so i cant imagine it is that old. just wondering though. know the e47 is an older style piump

#11 ·
ok i was figuring this was probablly around 10 years old so that sounds about right. any suggestions on this plow. for $1400 and everything for my truck doesnt seem like i can go wrong but this will be the first plow im buying.dont want to rush into it but also dont want to miss a deal.lol

#12 · (Edited)
m.$terner;1061166 said:
do you know what year the sabers started in?
The EZ classic was introduced in 1991 along with the E-60, the night sabers followed shortly thereafter so I would guess 1993/94It's quite possable the night sabers where added later when the plow was changed to a newer vehicle and the old lights would no longer work.

Regardless of it's age the E-47 (released in 1975) is under powered, under relieved and can be a maintenance Ho. On the plus side it's easy to work on and you can buy parts in most 7-Elevens or WaWas:rolleyes: Most commercial operators have relegated the E-47 to the back-up shelf in favor of the E-60 or E-58.

#13 ·
basher you always have the exact numbers but thats why i like it when you chime in.lol i know its not a new warrantied plow but for my circumstance i think its an okay deal. i like the fact that the parts are easy too find and meyers are a common plow so parts should never be more than a phoone call or two away. i did notice the meyers website though says its recomended for personal use only.im not saying im going to be doing 20 parking lots but i know ill deff be doing my own lot, plus 4 warehouses, and eventually maybe another parking lot or 2 down the road. i know its not a super heavy duty plow but am i really going to tear it up doing 5 or so lots every snowfall?

#15 ·
We have 12 commercial accounts and 35 residentials and both are trucks have the 7.5 blades with E-47 pumps and we haven't had any problems yet.

#17 ·
Theshoemaker;1062279 said:
I always kept a spare meyer pump with me at all times, I would rather slap a new pump on (2 bolts)than fiddle with coils, leaks and electric motors.
i bought the plow the other day. pump seems to be working good but im going to find a old e47 to have rebuilt as a backup just in case

#18 ·
streetscrapin16;1062429 said:
We have 12 commercial accounts and 35 residentials and both are trucks have the 7.5 blades with E-47 pumps and we haven't had any problems yet.
good to hear. i also have a meyers 36000 salter id like to use. needs a motor. everyone says to coat them good and they can last a decent amount of time. any problems with your salter?

#20 ·
We just put brand new motors on our spreaders last year. We just keep them clean and spray either fluid film or WD-40 on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.