Snow Plowing Forum banner

Extreme V dropping too hard

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  MustangFox302HO 
#1 ·
First day plowing with the extreme v and was wondering if there is an adjustment in dropping it. It really comes crashing down!!!

#2 ·
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.. There is a quill adjustment screw on the pump. That controls how fast it drops, etc. Checks Fishers site or your manual for where it is. I have a SEHP pump and it's on the valve box.

#4 ·
creativedesigns;642331 said:
yes, its located on the back of the pump, beside the valve manifold on the left side.
That is correct, it is an allen screw quill that is adjustable, clockwise will slow the plow down, counterclockwise will speed up the drop.

It is clearly shown in the Fisher manual and set up details.

#5 ·
Actually it is on the back on the right side just above the coil furthest to the right. It will take a standard screwdriver. There are two screws one above the other. You want the top one. The bottom is you system pressure adjustment. Screw it all the way in and back out about 1/4 - 1/2 turn and fine tune to your liking

#6 ·
ditto.......... i just learned about this feature after dropping my plow on my concrete floor a zillion times..... now it just floats down like its resting on a fluffy cushion... thats just my preference...

#7 ·
Brian Simmons;643136 said:
Actually it is on the back on the right side just above the coil furthest to the right. It will take a standard screwdriver. There are two screws one above the other. You want the top one. The bottom is you system pressure adjustment. Screw it all the way in and back out about 1/4 - 1/2 turn and fine tune to your liking
I knew I couldn't remember exactly off the top of my head, thanks for the clarification.

#9 ·
Why don't you guys like the plow dropping hard. It is quicker and better for back dragging. My new XLS drops like a ton of bricks, the only thing I don't like about it is that you have to hold the button until its on the ground, which can feel like decades after 12hrs plowing. Plus I love scaring the crap out of peoples that are in my way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.