Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

· Registered
58,697 Posts
We are not doing any residential sidewalks today. And we have significant new accumulation.

Non-tractor routes have been combined and we will clear once at this point. Crews are checking in every hour. I don't want anyone working alone in this weather as well as keeping an eye on each other.

Just trying to keep everything passable at this point. Clear and bare is unrealistic and stupid to think it can happen. A treated walk is covered again in 10-15 minutes.

· Registered
7,360 Posts
I just finished site checks an hour ago. A couple slightly drifted sidewalks( they are walkable) and one parking lot with finger drifts that can be driven around. Nobody's going out today. Clean up tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Luther and Charles

· Registered
7,360 Posts
It's -33° here,wind chill is -54°

Reactions: Charles

· Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are not doing any residential sidewalks today. And we have significant new accumulation.

Non-tractor routes have been combined and we will clear once at this point. Crews are checking in every hour. I don't want anyone working alone in this weather as well as keeping an eye on each other.

Just trying to keep everything passable at this point. Clear and bare is unrealistic and stupid to think it can happen. A treated walk is covered again in 10-15 minutes.
That sucks. Keep that LE over there, don't let any of that reach us today. I don't want to deal with anything new with these temps.

All the public and private schools (colleges too) closed today and tomorrow, mail delivery cancelled, courts, libraries, all other state agencies cancelled, transport companies and numerous other facilities. The new Gov declared the state of emergency.

· Registered
58,697 Posts
That sucks. Keep that LE over there, don't let any of that reach us today. I don't want to deal with anything new with these temps.

All the public and private schools (colleges too) closed today and tomorrow, mail delivery cancelled, courts, libraries, all other state agencies cancelled, transport companies and numerous other facilities. The new Gov declared the state of emergency.
I'll be happy to share...

· Registered
3,930 Posts
We're finally getting the cold and this morning was 13F at 230am now -12 and windchill is something like -28. Luckily we haven't had much snow, it's all staying literally a few hundred yards of the shore of Lake Erie heading right up to Buffalo. I'm hoping this new additive works, I'm trying HotShot Secrets Winter anti-gel, it's supposed to lower the freezing temp. of diesel to -65.

· Registered
15,547 Posts
I did some drift cleaning up yesterday morning.
Spent about 4 hours yesterday clearing a city block of snow and pushing it to a vacant lot in preparation of a street festival on Saturday. Bare pavement, concrete and grass when we left.
Drove past some sites and noticed some refreezing last night, so I hit them with salt.
The city was plowing and salting at 1am. They used wet salt. My street has about 1/4" of crust on it now. It was-15 at 1am, -20 at 7am. Can't wait for the "there's a windrow across my driveway" calls today.
Got a call from one of my sidewalk guys last night. His grandmother owns 2 little apartment buildings and her snow contractor was a no show this past event. He asked if I could plow them today. Told him I'd see what it looks like in the morning. I'm guessing they're rock hard. Even if I felt like beating up my plow, I doubt I could do anything.

· Registered
8,530 Posts

Mark has made it clear to me in no uncertain terms that he Loves our new governor and her progressive thinking...

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.